cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessibility services

justinleon2113
Star III
Hi all,
I have had an issue with my Accessibility services, particularly my password manager (Roboform) and Tasker, being "deactivated" after rebooting. They show that they are On, but I have to manually turn them off then on again to have them work properly. Has this issue been experienced by anyone else?
10 REPLIES 10

justinleon2113
Star III
@_jis_ , do you have the AutoInput plugin by Tasker? After a few tests, it seems to be an issue for me with that rather than the main Tasker app. I will reach out to my password manager developers to see if the issue has occurred on their end. Maybe its an Android issue in general. I have no idea.

_jis_
Zen Master III
krangtzen

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/82184#Comment_82184

So just because you don't don't have this problem doesn't mean there's no probkem. He has this problem.....so do I. I'm here to acknowledge his problem.

View post
I just noted that I use not one or two, but many applications which are dependent on accessibility services without your problem. Then you need to ask yourself what is the primary cause of the problem. I wanted to push you to this thought.
By no means did I want to provoke an offended attitude.

_jis_
Zen Master III
justinleon2113

@_jis_ , do you have the AutoInput plugin by Tasker? After a few tests, it seems to be an issue for me with that rather than the main Tasker app. I will reach out to my password manager developers to see if the issue has occurred on their end. Maybe its an Android issue in general. I have no idea.

View post
do you have the AutoInput plugin by Tasker?
No.
After a few tests, it seems to be an issue for me with that rather than the main Tasker app.
That's exactly what I meant, finding the real cause, the real culprit. Perfect, you're on the right track 🙂
I keep my fingers crossed.

alexander_tatev
Star II
I have the same issue:
alexander.tatevyan

Hi.

There are apps, which allow user to lock the screen with a press of a shortcut on a desktop, for example: One Click Lock Screen (can be found on Play store).

Once installed, the app requires lock screen service permission, after granting which the app successfully locks the screen, however, after reboot it doesn't work and when opened, redirects to the accessibility section in settings, as if the permission isn't granted, but in fact it is. After toggling the permission off and back to on, the app starts working again until next reboot. I tried with another app, and still getting same result. This is a Zenfone 6 firmware bug, I assume, since on my other phone with pure stock Android 10, it is working fine. Please, fix it.

screenshot-20200713-080039181.jpg

screenshot-20200713-081318551.jpg

Lock screen service bug