This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone Max M1 stable Android 9 update

protonmailpro
Star I
When we get stable Android 9 updated on asus Zenfone Max M1 ( not pro)
15 REPLIES 15

averma49463
Star I
arvati

i´ve heard Asus will not update zenfone Max M1 to Android Pie anymore it will stay on Android Oreo forever.

Android Pie 9 Beta will not receive security updates and should be downgraded to Oreo (only path available).

Let me know too if anyone has more updated information about android pie on Zenfone Max M1

View post
If it's true I will throw this garbage in dustbin

aroy02472
Star I
Asus zenfonem1 updated

arvati
Star II
www.asus.com/br/supportonly/ZenFone%20Max%20M1%20(ZB555KL)/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Versão WW-17.00.2003.23
2020/04/131.78 GBytes
ZB555KL Android 10 Developer Image Version:WW-17.00.2003.23 For WW SKU only* (exclude JP SKU)
Improve Items:
1.Android 10 developer version is now available for downloaded.
2.This is the Android 10 AOSP version, so the user experience will be very different from Android 8 (Oreo) and 9(Pie). If you are used to Android 8 (Oreo)/Android 9 (Pie) system, we will recommend that you use the current device version.
3.Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 10. System will factory reset after upgrade process completed.
4.If you want to downgrade software to previous OS by official package, please factory reset your device after downgrade process completed.
5.Updated Android security patch
Know issue list:
*If your upgrade process has an unexpected Android Recovery issue, please refer to the QA to solve it.
www.asus.com/tw/support/FAQ/1042901
Steps of Update:
1. Check software version of your device**
2. Only apply to same SKU update, Example: WW->WW, CN->CN, TW->TW, ID->ID.
3. Software update cannot transfer the software SKU and downgrade the software version.
4. Wrong SKU may cause update failure, please update the same SKU version only.
5. How to manual update firmware please refer to www.asus.com/support/faq/1009748.
Upgrade to this firmware version, you need to using hardware reset before entering to the system.
Please refer to the following reset steps to execute the hardware reset.
www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346
*How to know the device model?
Path: Settings->About-> Model number
Example: ASUS_X00R
**How to know the device software version?
Path: Settings->About-> software information->Build number
*System upgrade may cause part of data missing, please buckup your important data before system upgrading.

Bro,that Android 10 update is a Developer Image Version that would contain more bugs even than a beta version,So better not going with that

arvati
Star II
sai.krishnan663

Bro,that Android 10 update is a Developer Image Version that would contain more bugs even than a beta version,So better not going with that

View post
Good advice, thanks