This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot record my game play video more than 3.8 gb it says your file limit has been reached.

Anand_Urke
Star I
H1P5I5Z2SLRS.jpg
7KKVAXHWB7W9.jpg
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus rog phone 2
Firmware Version: latest one
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): screen recording limit
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Everytime I am recording a gameplay videos it stops at 3.8 gb stating that file limit reached were in have enough space to record more... It's happening all the side .. cannot record my gameplay video's for YouTube
6 REPLIES 6

Aryan202
Community Legend I
CyberPunk2302

This is a limitation from Android OS on 9 and also on version 10. Google has confirmed that Android 11 will have the limitation removed. Unfortunately version 11 won't be available for Rog Phone 1 and 2. You can change the quality of the video to record for more time.

View post
Rog phone 2 will get android 11 by the way
Zenfone 6 and Rog phone 2 are 2019 Asus flagships and both are to get 2 major os updates so yeah both will be upgraded to android 11
As far as Rog 1 is considered I dunno why it's still on pie maybe it was due to low sales or something else no idea why it didn't get a10 or if it will ever get it 🤔 but they have improved support for the second phone it's Android 10 update was comparatively quicker and it continues to get bi monthly updates with various fixes + Asus sent the phone to devs to so it good development including LOS, Omni,havoc, kirisakura kernel and good gcam development (arnova + other decent devs)

CyberPunk2302
Rising Star II
I can see people crying on forums for the release of Android 10. Finally they released it for ROG Phone 2. Android 11 may come after the phone is no more in conversation or may be not.