This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Poll] How many of you have this issue while using fingerprint ?

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
The whole screen lights up while using fingerprint, it's very annoying.

29 REPLIES 29

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
Anders_ASUS

They just replied that it's normal behaviour and that it has always been like this.

It is more or less noticeable depending on your background image, device brightness and surrounding/ambient lighting.

So case closed. This temporary increase in brightness helps the fingerprint reader in being faster/more accurate. I believe you agree it's worth a temporary brightness increase to get less failed fingerprint scans. Right?

View post
I assume it to be fine , it's hardly noticeable untill and unless someone is too bored during lockdown to pick such things . Thankyou for an apt reply , we appreciate it.

OPC
Zen Master II
Anders_ASUS

They just replied that it's normal behaviour and that it has always been like this.

It is more or less noticeable depending on your background image, device brightness and surrounding/ambient lighting.

So case closed. This temporary increase in brightness helps the fingerprint reader in being faster/more accurate. I believe you agree it's worth a temporary brightness increase to get less failed fingerprint scans. Right?

View post
Agree no big deal. For me the sensor works fine.

mr_strange
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

Can you please post your video here because you seem to be the only one in this thread that might have the same as deeppaul589.

@sagarreddysag, @soumyaranjan136, @17daulat, @OPC

Please post your videos here so we can see if it's as severe as what deeppaul589 showed in his video

@Vamp you're complaining about red tint. It's not the same issue deeppaul589 is talking about

View post
I too have the same issue and thought that this was normal. The fingerprint is the one where many are facing problem yet it is not solved for by asus!!

Rajat_Kumar
Zen Master I
The ROG 2 sensor is an optical sensor and for this reason it lighta up the entire screen to grab your finger details.
It was and will function the same way. This is expected behaviour.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Yes I am too facing this issue.