Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery not working version 2

seungoh26
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery is not charging
Model: Asus zenbook UX431F
Frequency of occurrence: Just today, even though I got the laptop on monday the 18th of May
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I have only got this laptop recently so I am not sure what is going on. I have tired turning the power on and off and tried different chargers to see if the charger is faulty. When I had a look at device manager, the windows AC adapter software was missing, all that is there is the Microsoft ACPI battery controls but nothing else. I am currently a student so I really need any information on this. I also cannot take out the battery since I do not have the screws to open the back panel.
Update: this keeps happening and I have to fully drain the battery every time, anyone know a solution or a causation for this?
2 REPLIES 2

seungoh26
Star I
Let me clarify what I meant by I have to drain the battery fully. So previously I had a problem with this and I posted a new thread. To actually "fix" this issue (temporarily), I had to fully drain the battery and then charge it agin, but now it has the same problem. I am just not quite sure what to do at the moment but just drain it again. Not sure what I should do, but the store that I bought this laptop is in another state, so I think it will take too long to get this repaired as I am in Australia and is in year 12 and I really don't need this inconvenience.

seungoh26
Star I
Ok now I have found a permanent fix. Asus, I recommend you fix your software, the MyASUS app was the cause of this battery issue. It would literally randomly just not allow my laptop to charge. As far as I've seen, in other threads online, I have come across many with this problem as well. Just please have a look into this issue, as the newer laptops all come with this problem.