Jer
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone max pro m2
Firmware Version:Newest Android 9
Rooted or not:No
Frequency of Occurrence:Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Chrome, Gmail
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I don't know why, but my chrome and Gmail always crash. Everytime I want to search or check my email, these two apps always crashed! I alr do force stop and clearing cache, but it all didn't work! Please help me if you know how to solve this problem. Now I use mozila Firefox because i cant use my chrome.
~UPDATED: FIXED~
To fix this issue, you just need to uninstall update the chrome app on setting, after that, you can update the latest version of chrome at Google play store! It's stable and this bug is fixed!
Thx to all of your replies guys!
59 REPLIES 59

tyodefirmansyah
Star III
How to downgrade google chrome?

Kannan21
Star II
tyodefirmansyah04

How to downgrade google chrome?

View post
Goto app info and Disable the app. And enable it again.

tyodefirmansyah
Star III
Wow it worked thanks man,so we use old version of chrome until chrome fix that bug?

Jer
Star III
Okay guys, so I think this is chrome's 20th may update bugs, from all of your comments, I want to tell you some ways you guys shared to fix this bug:
1. Disable and enable chrome app at settings.
2. Uninstall chrome update(you can do this by going to setting>search chromeapp>Tap the three dots on the top right side>uninstall update). After doing this, your chrome will back to factory version.
3. Waiting for chrome update. While waiting for the update, you can use other browser like mozilla Firefox, duckduckgo,etc.(PS:I tried this way and I realised that other apps that using chrome like Gmail still crashing.)
Thx for all of your replies. I thought that this is my device problem. But after I saw your replies, I realised that this is chrome 20th may update bug! Thx guys!

tyodefirmansyah
Star III
Yeah,i was thought only my device got this problem,so i immediately open Asus zentalk but i cant enter the web(crash) i downloaded Mozilla firefox and i Saw this discussion xD