This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GHz Wi-fi download speed dropped significantly after flashing build WW_17.1810.2003.145

chrisling
Star I
Hi all,
I have flashed with the latest build WW_17.1810.2003.145 yesterday and found out the terminal download speed using 5GHz WiFi has gone down from 500Mbps to ~100Mbps.
I had my other iPhone 11 Pro as a control test which gives a steady 500Mbps download speed.
This fix was supposed to optimize the WiFi ironically.
Has anyone got similar experience?
Kind regards,
Chris
22 REPLIES 22

_jis_
Zen Master III
dt808

i seem to be ok now. not sure what happened but i think i'm getting full speed on 5ghz now.

thanks.

View post
Did you restarted your phone in the meantime?

dt808
Rising Star I
_jis_

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/80974#Comment_80974

Did you restarted your phone in the meantime?

View post
yes i restarted my phone several times since i last had the problem but not because of the slow wifi. i also restarted my phone several times when i first noticed the slowdown but it didn't help at that time so i'm not really sure what fixed it.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
chrisling

Also, when moving away from my WiFi router the phone is not able to switch to the 2.4GHz channel but still camping onto the 5GHz, since the signal is too weak so it shows "Obtaining IP address" without an active connection.

I have to power cycle so that it knows to camp on to the 2.4GHz channel.

I'm using Netgear RAX20 WiFi router with smart WiFi turned on

View post
paras0710

Please fix switching from 5 to 2.4 GHz and vice versa. Zenfone 6 is not able to switch swiftly it disconnect with '?' Sign on wifi icon i have to switch it off and on again. i never had this problem with my previous phones also other devices including phones in my home is also working properly. The router i am using is mi router pro AC 2600 ut is powerful router with very good range still zenfone 6 having issues. Problem was there in previous firmware too. Did not check speed issue.

View post
rubennatanael

My Phone is ASUS ROG 2. Having the same problem here. 2.4Ghz connection is working well. 5Ghz download speed only clocked in 2Mbps but normal upload speed. Other devices running well in the 5Ghz wifi connection. Please advise with solution.

View post
Are you still experiencing slower download on 5Ghz?

rubennatanael
Star I
Yes I am. The problem still persist. I did all the reset wifi settings and restarted my phone. Checked all the router setting and other devices. Its only exist on the Asus Rog Phone 2.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
rubennatanael

Yes I am. The problem still persist. I did all the reset wifi settings and restarted my phone. Checked all the router setting and other devices. Its only exist on the Asus Rog Phone 2.

View post
Try to disable randomize mac. This is what we changed in the latest FW. You can change this by going to your network settings and click on the cogwheel next to your 5ghz connection. Under Privacy, change from randomize Mac (default) to Use device MAC.
If you have dev options active, please turn it off.
If this doesn't help, then please check your 5ghz speed with other routers.