System: Windows 10 (S-mode)
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Asus VivoBook X512F
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello. I have bought a USB-C to DVI cable with which I hoped to connect an external monitor. When I connect it an error message first advises "Display connection might be limited. Make sure the DisplayPort device that you're connecting to is supported by your PC" followed by "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it".
The cable itself advertises itself as suitable for devices with "DisplayPort alternative mode". Does my laptop support this please? Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

AnthonyLee_ASUS
Rising Star I
Hello @ed.houlton this VivoBook X512F doesn't support display export.
Thanks!

ed_houlton
Star I
AnthonyLee_ASUS

Hello @ed.houlton this VivoBook X512F doesn't support display export.

Thanks!

View post
Thanks @AnthonyLee_ASUS - although obviously not the answer I was hoping for... I don't suppose USB-C to VGA would be any different then?
I'm already using the HDMI port for one monitor, leaving only the standard USB (and aforementioned USB-C) ports available. I assume the same applies to the standard USB ports too?
Thanks for you help 🙂

AnthonyLee_ASUS
Rising Star I
@ed.houlton Yes, All USB port in this model don't support display export. You can try looking for adaptor with external graphic card. However, we can't guarantee it will work with your model.
Cheers!