Asus Pixelmaster needs to step up the game on 5Z

aamod_v8
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: 70 (Latest)
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: regular
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): PixelMaster (Asus Camera)
Hello there mods. It has been nice experience to use Asus Zenfone 5z with constant updates and performance improvements. But there is one aspect that Asus has not mush focused on and that is Asus PixelMaster Camera. Following are certain observations i need mods to look into before official support for 5z ends.
1) Scene details and color richness on main lens has been degraded a lot since oreo days. The colours are more muted in current version and also there is serious lack of details on main 12mp lens. Photos in Indoor conditions or artificial lights are coming out soft and low light pics has smudgy details with excessive softening resulting in loss of details. There is occasional camera focusing issue in extreme low light.
2) Wide angle 8mp lens is a neat and helpful addition but since update to Android 10 there is significant softening and loss of details even in daylight images. Low light images are pretty unusable due to loss of details. Also there is lot of noise in images.
3) Image post-processing needs to be better. During Oreo build the images had better AWB as compared to current build. Also HDR is also not so effective in current build as it was in Oroe builds.
4) Camera UI though very functional it will be nice if there are changes in line with 6z camera interface.
5) 4k 60FPS video is really a useful addition but the footage is choppy it will be great if it can be made more smooth and seamless. Also better capturing of details in video recording will be appreciated.
6) Most times EIS doesn't kick in while shooting videos. Especially in artificial lights. Manual control to switch on EIS will be very helpful
7)Lens switching needs to be seamless both in auto and pro mode. Also zooming in and out also needs to be seamless. Currently its jittery.
Please look into this @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Y_ASUS @ARP_ASUS
Add if i skipped anything @amitgarde3 @BrunoF20

10 REPLIES 10

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
You said everything, aamod.v8, and I'm experiencing the same with my ASUS ZenFone 5Z.
The PixelMaster is not the same it was before and it's not the capacity of the smartphone, because with modified apps those issues doesn't show.
We would love to see it improved before the support goes off.
#WeStillLovePhoto

Abhinav
Zen Master I
#ZenFone5z_Needs_Camera_Overhaul.
Yes those asked features are welcome.
Looking for a bright support from Asus. 🙂

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
aamod.v8

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 5z
  2. Firmware Version: 70 (Latest)
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: regular
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): PixelMaster (Asus Camera)

Hello there mods. It has been nice experience to use Asus Zenfone 5z with constant updates and performance improvements. But there is one aspect that Asus has not mush focused on and that is Asus PixelMaster Camera. Following are certain observations i need mods to look into before official support for 5z ends.

1) Scene details and color richness on main lens has been degraded a lot since oreo days. The colours are more muted in current version and also there is serious lack of details on main 12mp lens. Photos in Indoor conditions or artificial lights are coming out soft and low light pics has smudgy details with excessive softening resulting in loss of details. There is occasional camera focusing issue in extreme low light.

2) Wide angle 8mp lens is a neat and helpful addition but since update to Android 10 there is significant softening and loss of details even in daylight images. Low light images are pretty unusable due to loss of details. Also there is lot of noise in images.

3) Image post-processing needs to be better. During Oreo build the images had better AWB as compared to current build. Also HDR is also not so effective in current build as it was in Oroe builds.

4) Camera UI though very functional it will be nice if there are changes in line with 6z camera interface.

5) 4k 60FPS video is really a useful addition but the footage is choppy it will be great if it can be made more smooth and seamless. Also better capturing of details in video recording will be appreciated.

6) Most times EIS doesn't kick in while shooting videos. Especially in artificial lights. Manual control to switch on EIS will be very helpful

7)Lens switching needs to be seamless both in auto and pro mode. Also zooming in and out also needs to be seamless. Currently its jittery.

Please look into this @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Y_ASUS @ARP_ASUS

Add if i skipped anything @amitgarde3 @BrunoF20

Asus Pixelmaster needs to step up the game on 5Z
We know asus came along way with 5z and we appreciate that as well as we love this support from asus provided thankyou for everything until now
The way mods @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS are handling all the issue is so good to see there personal touch on this new forum is all what i liked the most they both never dissappointed and helped us out so quick n all with convincing solutions thats really impressive to see there hardwork towards every user really meansalot to us mods THANKYOU for everything
Before support ends we know we are asking a bit more but i was excited when A10 was incoming and really thought that 5z will be more like latest asus flagships and yes i appreciate that asus brought everything to 5z from its latest flagship in terms of ui
But camera was untouched and yes i personally think after seeing above @aamod.v8 post A10 really needs some optimisations for camera department though existing camera is not that bad but comparing to previous OS like oreo,pie diffrence is visible with nigh-shots n daylight shots n all above explained in post is really required to bring A10 to perfection with camera department
Thankyou mods 😊

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
I support aamud unkel teklu , gib update to 5j and make camera gud again , fix eis , it not work expect bright day light , veri bed , eis toggle is a joke , it has on/off option , but in reality it is off/auto , gib us a "force eis on" option , u gave us potato front camera , atleast make back camera better , gib update or i switch to max pro m1