This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG PHONE 2 Wifi Problems on 5Ghz connection.

rubennatanael
Star I
Hi, I need help on this 5Ghz wifi connection issue. Download speed clocked in at around 10% from ISP speed which is 2Mbps. ISP speed is 30Mbps. Upload speed is normal. Connection on 2.4Ghz band of the same router is working well at max speed. I checked on other devices including ROG laptop on 5Ghz band they are working well at max speed. The transmission link on 5Ghz on the Rog phone 2 is only about 173Mbps top and sometimes hovering around 79Mbps. While the same connection on 2.4Ghz sitting at 300Mbps. I double checked the router and its working well with no glitch. Its only happening on the Rog phone 2. Please advise with the immediate resolution. Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

rubennatanael
Star I
Hib@Gustav_ASUS I haven't been able to record the screen. But did the recommended reset wifi settings and all networks. The problem still exist. Still have similar result as @Badeg. I even tried to connect just the phone to the wifi and it still the same thing. All other devices working well on the 5Ghz connection. Please look into this matter. Thank you.

anggazettino
Star I
I have the same problem
My Asus ROG 2 download speed is capped at 2Mbps when using 5ghz wifi.
Still no solution?

rubennatanael
Star I
anggazettino

I have the same problem

My Asus ROG 2 download speed is capped at 2Mbps when using 5ghz wifi.

Still no solution?

View post
Hi, yes still no solution. I tried a lot of different routers including Asus router. Reset everything and the problem still there. 5Ghz connection capped at 2mbps. I even upgraded my isp speeds, still no solution. My cheaper android phone have proper speed on 5Ghz. Tested all the routers and different locations still have no solution. All the tested routers also tested on my ROG laptop and its ok. I hope there will be a proper solution soon from ASUS. We've been waiting since May this year.

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
My ROG Phone 2 has no issues or speed caps with 5Ghz connection. Btw I'm on Android 9.
Maybe the issue is device specific?

rubennatanael
Star I
kchinnavigneshraja

My ROG Phone 2 has no issues or speed caps with 5Ghz connection. Btw I'm on Android 9.

Maybe the issue is device specific?

View post
Yeah, it wasn't an issue at first. Then there was a push OTA update. I forgot which one was it then the issue exist. One of the moderator here advised us to update to the latest firmware. But, it didn't fix the problem.