This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA updater misbehaving

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
I prefer to update via full firmware zips rather than OTA. For some reason, even though I have the OTA service set to manual updating, for the last few updates it will start to download and update anyways when I reboot the phone (when a new update is available obviously).
When I noticed that 145 was available (via the web, not the updater) I avoided rebooting my phone until the full firmware update was available (this morning for me). I rebooted the phone to trigger it to update from the FULL firmware and once I gave it permission it started to update. Meanwhile the OTA service also realized there was an update and started to download the OTA update. So I had to turn on airplane mode to block it from completing. This seemed to hijack the update I had already started as it was stuck at 32% for at least a few minutes. Rebooting the phone a few times finally allowed the full update to complete.
Please fix the OTA updater such that it neither downloads nor installs an update unless manually told to do so when the settings are set as manual.
MYP6GR4F6RQZ.jpg
QD18190XUEEK.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Go to system settings -> apps & notifications -> see all xx apps -> search for "update", press top right menu, select show system -> enter storage & cache of update launcher and clear storage

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Anders_ASUS

Go to system settings -> apps & notifications -> see all xx apps -> search for "update", press top right menu, select show system -> enter storage & cache of update launcher and clear storage

View post
Thanks. Will plan to report back when the next update is out so that, if it works, it will be here for reference for anyone else 👍

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Anders_ASUS

View post
It fixed it, thank you. I just got the full firmware and after rebooting the phone it did not download the OTA automatically but just told me it was available as intended.

kk454347
Rising Star I
I had this problem too, I realized the problem was from developer options where automatic system updates was enabled without knowing. I'll see whether the problem persists or not in the next update were given