This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG PHONE 2 Wifi Problems on 5Ghz connection.

rubennatanael
Star I
Hi, I need help on this 5Ghz wifi connection issue. Download speed clocked in at around 10% from ISP speed which is 2Mbps. ISP speed is 30Mbps. Upload speed is normal. Connection on 2.4Ghz band of the same router is working well at max speed. I checked on other devices including ROG laptop on 5Ghz band they are working well at max speed. The transmission link on 5Ghz on the Rog phone 2 is only about 173Mbps top and sometimes hovering around 79Mbps. While the same connection on 2.4Ghz sitting at 300Mbps. I double checked the router and its working well with no glitch. Its only happening on the Rog phone 2. Please advise with the immediate resolution. Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Start off by resetting your wi-fi settings and then reboot your phone:
Settings -> System -> Reset options -> Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth
If you still feel that the speed is lackluster, download WiFiman (Ubiquiti Inc.) and make a screen recording for us to look at.

Badeg
Star II
Same here. I tried reset wifi mobile and bluetooth, and thhe problem still occur. I have tried checking the internet speed on my laptop and iphone, they all work correctly. On my asus rog phone 2 the download speed only at around 10% which around 10Mbps. I have 150Mbps internet package. This just happen very recently, i think around this week.
Option that i have tried:
the standard resetting internet (unplug, calling provider, etc2.)
reset wifi mobile and bluetooth
restarting the phone
changing IP
limiting other wifi user bandwidth
Pray 😄

Badeg
Star II
By the way, only on the 5G internet. if on 2.4ghz internet all works just fine.

Badeg
Star II
VYJBGET557VA.jpg
N1UJMXG9VTU6.jpg
CDAFFPZ2LE0A.jpg
CPFXL600FHUR.jpg
SS5NSGOC9XJI.jpg
WW718UU1K1YK.jpg
this is the screen shot on wifiman. But the one on speedtest is my desktop download speed for comparison. Please help..... 😞