This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Touch issue is still not solved!

ValeeraSanguina
Star III
APP Name: System overall and any app/game with Multi-Touch function.
Rooted: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always.
Firmware/APP Version: Every.
RAM: 4G
Model: ZE620KL

I bought the 5Z near it's release date in my country and the Multi-Touch problem is here since the first day. It's like the touch panel don't have full Multi-Touch support, as seen in the MULTITOUCH TESTER app: When you move one finger on screen it moves as expected, smooth (good, not great anyway). When you try the same but with another finger holding on screen, movement gets sluggish compared to doing the same with one finger. The moving one gains a delay of almost a second. If you do it, but slightly sliding the moving one, you'll see the "low FPS" effect. (Funny that it doesn't happens with one nor even with three fingers or more, I should call it...Two-Touch issue?) It breaks any smooth gaming experience that the rest of the hardware have to offer. There is no specific firmware, app or game nor any specific version of those. It's happening since ever, everywhere. In THIS VIDEO you can compare the gaming experience between ZenFone 5 and 5Z. If it's the same touch panel, there's something wrong, huh? In THIS VIDEO you can see (fullscreen) that the aiming and the camera movement in First-Person or Third-Person games are being harmed by the issue. You can find OLDER and UNSOLVED POSTS about it over ZenTalk. Please, calibrate it or just tell us if it's a hardware "gimmick".
30 REPLIES 30

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
BrunoF20

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/80842#Comment_80842

I expect it for monday. Based in hope and faith.

View post
Never loose any hope 🤭😜 almost all models completed there monthly security patches with some add on feature sets like vowifi for zenfone 6 n ROG 2 optimisations n bug fixes even ROG 1 got last month
Most probably its 2018 turn now as max pro varients got there beta as well as some stables
Up next zenfone 5,5z,5Q struggling since 1 month 18 days now
😜

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Just to clarify:
The multi-touch problem was never the failure to recognize single or multiple inputs.
The situation is that when using 2 or more fingers, the "DPI" of the panel expands, creating more distant response points, causing chokes in the movements that should simply flow.
Instead of the camera movement (in-game, while walking) happening as:
---------------
It happens like this:
- - - - - - - - -
All touches are recognized, but the sensitivity is affected when 2 or more inputs are used.
In addition, I also realize that the response time to start a finger swipe is longer when there is already another finger touching the screen.

Abhinav
Zen Master I
BrunoF20

Just to clarify:

The multi-touch problem was never the failure to recognize single or multiple inputs.

The situation is that when using 2 or more fingers, the "DPI" of the panel expands, creating more distant response points, causing chokes in the movements that should simply flow.

Instead of the camera movement (in-game, while walking) happening as:

---------------

It happens like this:

- - - - - - - - -

All touches are recognized, but the sensitivity is affected when 2 or more inputs are used.

In addition, I also realize that the response time to start a finger swipe is longer when there is already another finger touching the screen.

View post
Thank You for letting us know the facts. 🙏
☮️

lmvqymwicuqwioe
Star II
If Asus listens to this thread and fixes the problem I will support them by buying another Asus phone. They need to learn that their customers are what keeps the company afloat. Thanks for keeping this thread alive guys!

lmvqymwicuqwioe
Star II
any updates????