This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset buttons not working.

levieron
Star I
Hi everyone, my headset buttons suddenly stopped working. Please help me on this.
3 REPLIES 3

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi levieron,
Thank you for asking. Could you provide the information below In English so that we can better assist you.
1. Your model name
2. Your current firmware version
Setting >System>About Phone>Software information>Build Number
3. Issue details
4. Are your headphones the ones that came with the phone? If not, please tell us the brand & model of your headphones.
5.Do you mean the buttons on the headphones are not working?

levieron
Star I
Attached here are the details.
I used different types of earphones and none of them worked. I dont know if the issue here is from the system or the jack itself. I often use the buttons because im always on the go. Please assist me on this.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi levieron
Thank you for your reply. Please provide me futher information below:
1. All the earphones could not work including ASUS cable earphones that came with the phone?
2. The "different types of earphones" that are not working refer to bluetooth type, cable type or both types. Please provide the link of your earphones model. If bluetooth type which could not work, can you see the connection between phone and earphones in "Setting>Connected devices>Bluetooth" or not? The earphone could still connect bluetooth but could not hear any voice?
3. To check SMMI test
#Bluetooth type issue
Link on the bluetooth earphone first, then go to
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Bluetooth Test
#Cable type issue
Link on the ASUS cable earphone first, then go to
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Headset Test/Headset Mic Test/Headset Key Test

If the SMMI test is ok but you still can not use your earphones, please try "the Factory Reset"
Setting>System>Reset options>Erase all data (factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted. Kindly backup your data first.

Furthermore, if the situation remain the same, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/