This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Charging/Battery Care Bug

monilhathi
Star III
I enabled the battery care feature to charge the phone overnight and scheduled it between 11.30 pm to 6.30 am. I found out that the battery was completely charged at 5.30 am. Am I doing something wrong or is there a a bug in the s/w? @Anders_ASUS
16 REPLIES 16

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It's true that the battery will fully charge before the set time with battery care. How much sooner depends on the battery level and time it has to charge.
A battery app can't estimate how fast a phone is charging since it has a hard time estimating how much power that is being used.

monilhathi
Star III
@Anders_ASUS sorry I posted in the wrong section. I have an ROG 2 and not Z6. However just wanted to confirm if it's not a bug but an intentional feature? I charged it from 30% to 100%, but that 100% should have been around 6.30 am and not 5.30 am. Isn't this supposed to work this way ?

Ihar1sh
Star III
6M7NU8UIK369.jpg
I am using this technique so that it won't get ahead of 81 % even though I charged anytime expect 2 hours prior to end time , it charges to 80 % quickly then it stops & again start charging before 2 hrs of the End Time works great for me daily when going to bed I keep charging & I do small top ups between that's it I am a heavy user

Ihar1sh
Star III
6M7NU8UIK369.jpg
I am using this technique so that it won't get ahead of 81 % even though I charged anytime expect 2 hours prior to end time , it charges to 80 % quickly then it stops & again start charging before 2 hrs of the End Time works great for me daily when going to bed I keep charging & I do small top ups between that's it I am a heavy user

_jis_
Zen Master III
When the Start and End Times are set correctly, Battery Care can be used to ensure that the battery does not charge more than 81%. Many users have confirmed here that this is exactly how they use Battery Care. However, it would be very useful if Battery Care also had a switch that would allow to reset the battery statistics not at the standard 90%, but at 80%.