This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GHz Wi-fi download speed dropped significantly after flashing build WW_17.1810.2003.145

chrisling
Star I
Hi all,
I have flashed with the latest build WW_17.1810.2003.145 yesterday and found out the terminal download speed using 5GHz WiFi has gone down from 500Mbps to ~100Mbps.
I had my other iPhone 11 Pro as a control test which gives a steady 500Mbps download speed.
This fix was supposed to optimize the WiFi ironically.
Has anyone got similar experience?
Kind regards,
Chris
22 REPLIES 22

baster1982
Rising Star II
Working great for me with latest fw

facing issues with my download. if i need to change the router please let me know. no email has been sent by the network guys too.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I've tried to replicate this issue but I receive full speed at 5ghz with several routers. Are you still experiencing issue? Sometimes doing an extra restart after an update, can fix the weirdest issues. You may also try to reset your mobile wifi and BT settings in system settings -> system -> reset options

dt808
Rising Star I
i seem to be ok now. not sure what happened but i think i'm getting full speed on 5ghz now.
thanks.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
vtrob

My Asus x00QD is downloading at half the upload speed. Down 25 Mbps. Other devices , Asus laptop and lenovo tablet Samsung note phone download around 100 Mbps

Using Huawei q2 pro router.

On a Huawei H112-372 I have similar issues. Other devices download at about 200 Mbps but phone is only at 70 Mbps

Any chance it doesn't like a particular channel? Should I separate the network into 2.4 and 5 GHz instead of letting the router decide?

View post
Please note, Asus X00QD is not ZenFone 6.