This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 suddenly blacked out and does not turn on

amitpaul1994
Star III
Rog Phone 2 suddenly blacked out and does not turn on even by pressing the power button. my phone was having 77 % charging and it shut down completely..... seems like a hardware issue. but very severe....... i refered a forum and found soft reset by volume and power but for 5-10 seconds then it started...... very bad experience.

7 REPLIES 7

MazzzQatar
Star II
I had the same issue dear, I did the factory reset even like mentioned. But it didn’t last long, It has been 2months now, I still didn’t get any help from ASUS side. I checked with a local Technician and he found out the battery is bulged and said if I manage to get a new battery he fan fix it, but unfortunately ASUS don’t sell ROG 2 pone battery in market.

amitpaul1994
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/74922#Comment_74922

Do you think you can replicate this issue if I send you a log tool? It's probably a hardware issue but it's better to be on the safe side

View post
Sorry Dear,
Already upgraded to A10 and issue is disappeared for almost a month now.
I believe the issue is with A9 or specifically with the tencent devices flashed with WW rom.
But Asus dont do shit about tencent variant being sold in global market.
Very bad impression for asus for future rog phones.

jv_santos07
Star I
This happen to just now my phone is 90% battery I just left it for couple minutes on the table when I got back my phone screen is black with republic gamer logo and the backlight is blinking but I won’t turn on or off. Right now I can’t use my phone because of this. What I need to do?