This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Charging/Battery Care Bug

monilhathi
Star III
I enabled the battery care feature to charge the phone overnight and scheduled it between 11.30 pm to 6.30 am. I found out that the battery was completely charged at 5.30 am. Am I doing something wrong or is there a a bug in the s/w? @Anders_ASUS
16 REPLIES 16

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
shiv1g

I have mine set to 10 pm to 9 am.

I use a normal 10W charger (18W in-box fast charger makes phone hot and degrades battery health). For me, the battery stops charging at 81% and reaches 100% in between 8.00 to 8.20 am always.

Also, even though I'm using a 10W(5V 2A) charger, the Ampere app only shows a maximum of 950mA current, which means it only charges at 5W max. The cable I'm using supports fast charging.

Can anyone explain to me why? Shouldn't it be charging at a higher current, somewhere around 1800mA?

It takes 5 hours to recharge my 6Z for dead to 100% using a 10W charger. If 6Z starts supporting the full potential of 10W charger, it can definitely recharge to full within 3 hours.

View post
I almost exclusively use 2A chargers (there are 4 that I typically use in various places at home and work). Usually I get between 1100 and 1700mA depending on how I use the phone while charging. I have used a few 2A chargers that only gave less than 1000mA (one was a Belkin charger). I just blamed it on those chargers. But if you want different results you would likely have to experiment with different cables and chargers. I've had great experience with Anker and Aukey chargers.

shiv1g
Rising Star I
skylerwolfe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/80835#Comment_80835

I almost exclusively use 2A chargers (there are 4 that I typically use in various places at home and work). Usually I get between 1100 and 1700mA depending on how I use the phone while charging. I have used a few 2A chargers that only gave less than 1000mA (one was a Belkin charger). I just blamed it on those chargers. But if you want different results you would likely have to experiment with different cables and chargers. I've had great experience with Anker and Aukey chargers.

View post
I'm using Sony, Samsung, OnePlus and Vivo 2A chargers with OnePlus dash cable and Asus original cable. All i can get is a maximum of 950mA current. Please give me the names of the chargers that give you more than 1500mA current.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
At this moment I'm using this charger. I should note when I said 2A charger earlier, they are probably all actually 2.4A.
Amazon.com: AUKEY USB Wall Charger with Foldable Plug, Ultra Compact USB Charger Dual USB Port 2.4A ...RPGSY1L0OQ7P.jpg

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I

shiv1g
Rising Star I
skylerwolfe

At this moment I'm using this charger. I should note when I said 2A charger earlier, they are probably all actually 2.4A.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013US9FFY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_tGyWEbCKZC08C

RPGSY1L0OQ7P.jpg

View post
Ok. So, 6Z can only charge at 1000mA max with a regular 10W charger. That's interesting!