This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] Stock camera app won't record video if device is Connected to bluetooth headphones.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Hello guys, please try to reproduce following error, and comments your results,
1) in your Rog 2, Connect to any bluetooth device, like earphones/ headphones/speaker etc.
2) go to camera app , goto video mode,
3)hit record you will get error "failed to record video",
Post screenshot here,
Also if nothing happens please post your bluetooth device.
0MI0OTRD8KUU.jpg
You can use above video for reference.
19 REPLIES 19

pratiksonihbk
Star III
CH_ASUS

Tried to reproduce it but couldn't do it with Sony's WH-1000xm3.

Could you advise your BT headphone models?

Also, can you try to clear the camera app's cache? -> Longpress camera icon, press "App info" , go to storage & cache; Clear Storage and Clear Cache.

Please note this will revert to standard settings.

View post
Sony wi xb400 earphone and jays x five headphone....
Did the clear data and cache .. No change ..
To confirm even slo mo , motion tracking also not working...
Only time lapse is working with Bluetooth on....

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Thanks, we'll pass it onwards.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS

Thanks, we'll pass it onwards.

View post
It could be related to developer options issue, where when Connected to Bluetooth device and system language is not "Eng US", developer options won't open, settings app crash.
To fix it you either have to disconnect BT device or change system language to Eng US and then it works.

Although as i tested changing system language won't help camera issue.

I had previously reported the issue of developer options (while on .32 update) to Anders and se said devs got to the root cause and it will fixed in next update. Which was supposed to be .60, but it isn't fixed.
So @CH_ASUS please add these notes, mention this camera app bug may be related to previously reported developer options bug, in report. It may help.

@pratiksonihbk @1337identity@1337@1337

ImShrey
Rising Star II
I suspect it could be related to a bug i previously reported (while on 0.32 update) to @Anders_ASUS , wherein Bluetooth is on and headphone is connected and system language is English US developer options won't open, settings app will crash.
You have to either disconnect the BT device or change system language to English US, to fix it. Then only developer options will open.
Anders told me that developers got to the root of this issue and it was supposed to be fixed in update .60.
But now I'm on .60, and issue is not fixed, i am still able to reproduce it.

I guess whatever the patch was it broke others functionality when Bluetooth is on.
1 this camera and now,
2 Here is video, Gboard's mic/voice dictation won't work while using Bluetooth Device

@CH_ASUS Please report these and mention that it may be related to previously reported bug i mentioned.

@pratiksonihbk @1313kill6666

ImShrey
Rising Star II
1337identity

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/80560#Comment_80560

@CH_ASUS

I also have the WH 1000xm3, i had no issue when i was on .32 firmware but i just updated to .60 firmware and now i'm getting the same issue.

Clearing cache and Data doesn't fix it.

View post
1337identiy And @pratiksonihbk, guys, can please try to reproduce this Gboard mic error?
When Connected to Bluetooth try to turn on mic dictation mode of Gboard, (voice typing).

Please report your findings.