This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
113 REPLIES 113

rrte_rrte
Star I
Hello.. I have same problem when i plug in the charger or middle of gaming it freeze and reboot automatically
Please send me the tool too

marcotj89
Star I
Hi, my rog 2 phone got auto reset problem too..
Can someone help me? 😞

My rog phone 2 randomly reboots every 3 to 4 days. This has been happening since the android 10 update. The problem is also not specified to certain apps- as most recently I was using Amazon prime while using insta at the same time, and previous to that was using Spotify. Please help with this problem as it could lead to a more serious one. Please answer at the earliest.

donyeoh
Star I
After all that have been done, today the phone died on me. Freaking fed up now as I use my phone for work as well. Not just gaming.
Kept auto restart and only able to reach until the ROG screen (not my home screen). After a while, it stopped auto restart. I tried hold down power and volume down, it did not boot into factory reset screen, only to my home screen. After about 5 minutes of Idling, it finally power off itself and it's now unable to be powered on.
I have made appointment at the Singapore ASUS Service Centre tomorrow.
Keep you guys updated.
NOTE: This is my first ASUS phone and I had it since last Oct 2019 and no problem until the latest ASUS patch. Not sure if it will be my last ASUS product. Let's see how.

borloloy89
Star I
I have same issue with my rog 2 .. please any solution of auto restart and auto shutdown? I can't enjoy playing for thid problem, i bought this unit just to play smoothly but it seems not 🙂