cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connects and disconnects intermitently Asus Zenphone 4

c_sempere212
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus_X00HD (Asus Zenphone 4)

Firmware Version: wifi firmware version CNSS.PR.4.0-00364-M8953BAAAANAZW-1*
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence: every 5 seconds
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, I have my Asus Zenphone 4 for about two years now, recently I have the problem that the wifi connection is intermitently switching on and off every 5 seconds. The network connects automatically since it is saved on my phone, the IP is selected correctly but after just a few seconds, i get the error: NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_DHCP_FAILURE=1.
From some investigation I have figured that maybe the phone is rejecting the wifi connection because it considers it's signal quality to be too low (even though we are close to the router, when it connects it shows all intensity bars in the icon). So in order to avoid this I wanted to go into advanced settings , and here comes the problem:
I have tried accessing some advanced configurations like "Switch off Auto Switch" or "Smart network switch" inside of the advanced configurations panel but these don't appear there as they do in other android phones. The only options I get are "Install certificates", "Wifi-Direct", "commands WPS" and "PIN WPS".
I thought this could be a problem of enabling the developer options to see further settings but that hasn't changed anything either. The phone's version is up to date and every tip that I have found on the internet has failed, in most of the cases because the user interface of this phone doesn't correspond to the ones in the tutorials.
How can I solve this issue?.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time!.
Carlos

5 REPLIES 5

dvkraus4
Star II
Did you try forgetting the connection.
Try that along with a new password.

krystilmae02
Star I
c.sempere212

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus_X00HD (Asus Zenphone 4)

2. Firmware Version: wifi firmware version CNSS.PR.4.0-00364-M8953BAAAANAZW-1*
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: every 5 seconds
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi, I have my Asus Zenphone 4 for about two years now, recently I have the problem that the wifi connection is intermitently switching on and off every 5 seconds. The network connects automatically since it is saved on my phone, the IP is selected correctly but after just a few seconds, i get the error: NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_DHCP_FAILURE=1.

From some investigation I have figured that maybe the phone is rejecting the wifi connection because it considers it's signal quality to be too low (even though we are close to the router, when it connects it shows all intensity bars in the icon). So in order to avoid this I wanted to go into advanced settings , and here comes the problem:

I have tried accessing some advanced configurations like "Switch off Auto Switch" or "Smart network switch" inside of the advanced configurations panel but these don't appear there as they do in other android phones. The only options I get are "Install certificates", "Wifi-Direct", "commands WPS" and "PIN WPS".

I thought this could be a problem of enabling the developer options to see further settings but that hasn't changed anything either. The phone's version is up to date and every tip that I have found on the internet has failed, in most of the cases because the user interface of this phone doesn't correspond to the ones in the tutorials.

How can I solve this issue?.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time!.

Carlos

Wifi connects and disconnects intermitently Asus Zenphone 4
Thats my problem to.....

krystilmae02
Star I
My asus zenfone 4 selfie is keep wifi turning on and off i try to factory data reset but its the same my wifi keep turn on and off and then i try to forgetting the wifi and set the password but its the same.

Pls help me with this problem were under mecq so I can't go to mall to fixed my phone:<

I had same problem too on android 7 of my asus zenfone 4 ze554kl.
I solved that problem with upgrading and reset my phone.
You can download the latest version of firmware on:
https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-4-ZE554KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/