This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 screen Black out issue.

rohan_kvs
Star II
My Rog Phone 2 screen automatically goes dark but I can still hear apps running and can interact with the screen if know where the buttons are.
This started a week ago while Playing PUBG. The screen went completely black but I could still hear what was going on. Recently it has been happening even during charging .
I decided to find the source and in doing so I found that whenever the temperature goes beyond 42°C , the screen goes dark. Sometimes to such an extent that I have to soft reboot to get it working. It usually becomes normal after the temperature drops to 41°C and below. I further Confirmed this was related to temperature by running 3D Mark GPU test, and as soon as temperature hit 42°C, my screen went dark. Also Game Genie stops running (air triggers included) after the screen regains display.
The other threads referring to Screen blackouts during charging and gaming may also have a similar issue and yes, I ran the GPU test after the April 5 security patch update and still the results were same.
Kindly look into this.
Thank you.
EDIT: This does not happen when screen recording is on. I tried running GPU test again with screen recording and the display never blacked out even though the temperature touched 44°C at some point.

27 REPLIES 27

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ok.... interesting. Not all of the others have the exact same issue as you do but one or two of them have a screen that goes black without the device crashing. I want to get SN, log and video from you too. Expect to get a private message soon (envelope icon in top right corner)

eknarayanhari
Star II
Hey Ander,
If you are from Asus company and actually can help,Then I Have to say that after updating to android 10 this RESTARTING ISSUE HAS STARTED ALOT on my rog 2 also. It has never happened before that. I used to watch YouTube videos and then play games ,again watch videos no issues. Just frame drops when phone is heated alot while playing games. but not even a single day it RESTARTED on its own. Now its been 2 weeks and almost on alternate days while playing games phone freezes and restarts.
Today I wrote complaint about this through your app and I got Reply from Anjali Choudhary.
However whatever resolutions she gave me i tries all of them already and nothing seems to work.
finally i factory reset my phone and now my phone is stuck on forst screen which says "Welcome" below it English/India.
I understand that due to covid your service centres might be suspended.
But I live in DELHI and My Parents in FARIDABAD, HARYANA. I dont have any another phone.
what am I supposed to do?

Kindly help.

i bought your device due to Lockdown to work and play games recently. And here after going through your forum i dont have a unique issue. a lot of people are suffering from the same. this is your time to prove that you are Genuine Premium product providing company who cares for their users who are very few in terms of services also LIKE IPHONE.

VIKAS TEWATIA

eknarayanhari
Star II
Hi Ander,
Just an Update My phone screen is stuck on this now.Not able to use power button at all nothing is working.
L8HD7XSY7T3O.jpg

sandeepkp1996
Star II
Hi, Recently while playing pubg on my Rog 2 the screen is getting blackout .Now I cant play with this problem every time it's getting black screen while playing. Please fix this problem.