Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5z - Burn-in/Screen retention

Basic info:
Model Name: Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL)
Firmware Version: WW-100.10.107.70
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Not applicable
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
About an year ago, when I bought my device, I noticed some kind of burn-in on the screen. I asked for help in social media groups and I was told that this situation only occurred on Amoled screens etc. Time passed and the Burn-in disappeared completely.
About 10 days ago I noticed that the problem came back with great intensity. However, it is not Burn-in as we usually see on Amoled screens, it seems to be a system bug. If I stay with the screen still for a few minutes, the next screens will show marks from my last open applications.
Interestingly, if I take a screenshot, the "shadows" will not be visible on the print. The images were recorded by a separate camera.
I already formatted, I already did cache cleaning, I keep ALL my apps updated. I don't know what to do and I ask the asus support staff for help.
My device has never been dropped, has no scratches on the screen and has never been submerged. It is as original as it should be.
AZCHYYMMLHNR.jpg
90OA5NBH8QYG.jpg
Edit: 2 more pictures
BOJRLWJGYZCQ.jpg
BNZ0GV97KC0A.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
João Cecchetto

Basic info:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL)
  2. Firmware Version: WW-100.10.107.70
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Not applicable

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

About an year ago, when I bought my device, I noticed some kind of burn-in on the screen. I asked for help in social media groups and I was told that this situation only occurred on Amoled screens etc. Time passed and the Burn-in disappeared completely.

About 10 days ago I noticed that the problem came back with great intensity. However, it is not Burn-in as we usually see on Amoled screens, it seems to be a system bug. If I stay with the screen still for a few minutes, the next screens will show marks from my last open applications.

Interestingly, if I take a screenshot, the "shadows" will not be visible on the print. The images were recorded by a separate camera.

I already formatted, I already did cache cleaning, I keep ALL my apps updated. I don't know what to do and I ask the asus support staff for help.

My device has never been dropped, has no scratches on the screen and has never been submerged. It is as original as it should be.

AZCHYYMMLHNR.jpg

90OA5NBH8QYG.jpg

Edit: 2 more pictures

BOJRLWJGYZCQ.jpg

BNZ0GV97KC0A.jpg

Zenfone 5z - Burn-in/Screen retention
Yeah i faced this for few times on latest .70 update and now it has disappeared suddenly last days thats definately a software issue this needs attention 🧐🤨@CH_ASUS @Y_ASUS @Anders_ASUS

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi João Cecchetto ,
According to what you have described, we would advise that you have the unit sent in for an assessment and servicing where necessary.
The link below will help in finding your local service center: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

raafay25
Star I
Hey, even I'm facing the same issue.
Don't know from when exactly but definitely after the latest update.

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
Happening same with me too..... Screen burns for a while like for 2-3 hours and I have to power off my phone after that screen burn goes. Started happening with me after the latest update.