This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 Display broke inside with no physical damage at all.

Prashantmalik49
Star II
I bought this phone on 31st December 2019. Everything was going great gaming experience was good and I was totally happy with my phone until 2 days before when suddenly my phone screen touch stopped working, I was unable to understand the issue and reason behind it then my screen started turning bluer and bluer then, So I switched off the phone because of nervousness and then later in when I tried starting it the whole screen was blacked out. I could have hear only phone restart sound but screen was complete black. Later I noticed a small break inside the screen although there is no physical damage in outer part of phone not even a Scratch I was using silicon case with my phone. So I contacted Asus customer care and told them regarding my issue on that they said there should be no damage and breakage only then they could repair it under warranty otherwise you would have to pay for the screen which is around 16000 INR. Which is really shocking for me. I'll be charged for the manufacturer or technical error while still in warranty. I had really good faith on Asus company and its products but after whatever have happened with me recently is really drastic experience. I would never be able to purchase any of the Asus product and would definitely leave 1 star review over amazon and other websites and would also explain my terrible experience with this phone and Asus customer care.
15 REPLIES 15

srt_devil101
Star I
simaowrl

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/16751/rog-phone-2-display-broke-inside-with-no-physical-damag...

That is exactly the exact same thing which is happening to me right now, and its a huge coincidence since I got it on the 31st of December as well. They will be picking it up tomorrow so I hope I have the same service as you since I did nothing for the crack inside to happen.

View post
SAME!! I got it in the first sale in the Indian Market, October 8th to be exact. I have never dropped my phone and it has ZERO scratches/damage on the screen. Only damage is at the side charging port, a few body scratches when I have trouble taking out the protective lid on the port. Today all of a sudden my phone's screen went all sorts of yellow green and mostly blacked out with the touch still perfectly functioning. Are you all sure this is covered in the warranty because 16k for a screen that I took care of so well is really disheartening.