This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone II not receiving calls or texts until way later

jarodtmoore
Star I
Hey everyone, I'm trying to fix a issue with my ROG Phone II it works wonderfully with games however when it comes to texting I don't receive texts until way later or until I restart my phone and calls sometimes go straight to voicemail despite having full bars and 4g. I'm on T-Mobile. I've tried telling the auto manager not to optimize them, making sure I'm always in x mode, etc and I can't seem to figure it out. Any tips?
5 REPLIES 5

Michaelc7a
Star I
We purchased several of these (ROG Phone 2) and they all have the same issue with T-Mobile, where they simply don't ring when people call unless/until the network is reset. Fastest way is to go to airplane mode and back, and then all the stale text messages start streaming in. But it isn't like it warns you when it needs to be reset. Instead, our guys know to call each other on WhatsApp (or similar) if the phone doesn't ring or urgent texts don't get answers. It is really frustrating and happens multiple times daily. Love the phone otherwise, but if it doesn't work as a phone, it is just another video game console.