This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera app doesn't open, with error 'camera keeps stopping' and the flash icon is disabled

gopal575
Star II

After the recent update, camera app is not opening, with the error 'camera keeps stopping' and the flash icon in notification section is also disabled.
Camera issue :
ZMTUKWJNJNXV.jpeg
Flashlight :
1QFK4BYKQ2DF.jpeg
Below is the build number :
UMU9JYONO20N.jpeg

10 REPLIES 10

Even I am facing the same issue after 137 update after that I did the factory reset but no changes but after updating to 145 it was working fine for few days and after sudden restart my phone is again having the same problem and also having problem with YouTube app as well it's not loading any content. I tried clearing all the cache files but nothing worked.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Sounds like hardware unfortunately. Let's hope the lockdown ends soon so you may visit our Service Center

irishred86
Star I
I'm having the exact same issue! Here's to being "alone but together" in the lockdown. I'm not afraid to get out the micro tools if anybody has schematics?!😈

Streetbaze
Star I
i also faced same issue some months ack saw a tutorial on a website i think

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Check you dont have any screen protector or case convering the proximity sensor which sits at the front/top , to the right of the earpiece hole. Blockage will prevent flip motion per design. We have noticed in the past several users having problems where camera refuses to rotate (but otherwise working) due to 3rd party covers or screen protectors having the tiniest of dust messing with the sensor.
If all else fails, a factory reset and/or a call to your ASUS service hotline.