This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook Won't wake up from sleeping/hibernate mode.

garcia_gar_cia
Star II
System: Windows 10 ver. 1909 (OX Build 18363.752)
Battery or AC: Present problems in both conditions.
Model: Zenbook UX430UAR
Frequency of occurrence: Everytime it goes into sleep or hibernation mode.
BIOS: 308
========================
Detailed description:
I have tried so many things. I have gone through all youtube videos I could find talking about fixing this issue. 
This is what I have done so far:
-Update all drivers
-Update BIOS
-Windows Update (checked)
And my last resource was a hard reset. Done, yet useless. 
My laptop simply won't wake up.  I will really appreciate if someone could shed some light on this. 

Warm regards
Jair
22 REPLIES 22

nomidis
Star II
@garcia.gar_cia I tried to run the Power troubleshooting wizard... it only recommended me to go for another power plan with less consumption... that is not useful at all!
I see many people like @haytham here, having the same problem and I have read about it in other threads too.
Seems like a standard problem of the series. Maybe it has to do with some.
I suggest we do a letter to ASUS and demand replacement for our laptops. Are you with me on that?

garcia_gar_cia
Star II
nomidis

@garcia.gar_cia I tried to run the Power troubleshooting wizard... it only recommended me to go for another power plan with less consumption... that is not useful at all!

I see many people like @haytham here, having the same problem and I have read about it in other threads too.

Seems like a standard problem of the series. Maybe it has to do with some.

I suggest we do a letter to ASUS and demand replacement for our laptops. Are you with me on that?

View post
Hey @nomidis

I am down for it. This problem is very frustrating.

garcia_gar_cia
Star II
Hey everyone.
@nomidis @haytham

After many attemps I manage to find a "patch" to almost fix this problem. My laptop had activated the S0 Sleepoing mode. I switched it to S3, dissable hibernation and restore the power plans.

After 5 days using my laptop with this new configuration I just had 3 times where my laptop freez or didn't wake up from sleep. I still trying to find a complete solution.

I don't know how zentalks works but I can't past the link for the forum where I found the information I mention above. Google the following: "Restore Missing Default Power Plans on Windows -Ten forums-"

I appreciate any help,
Warm regards,

Alejandro

ivydene25
Star I
Is there a known problem with Hibernation on these machines? I see a lot of advice to disable Hibernation!I have a similar problem when restarting from hibernation except I a BSOD.

Cheers Jim

ensecoz
Star I
I also have this problem UX533FD model.
I did reset windows 10. The problem still exists. I don't know what to do now.
I believed this is something to do with the newer drivers. I don't have this problem before last year.
Last night I tried sleep computer to see what is happening (with plug in), this morning I touch my laptop and it is overheating. My laptop is very hot and I cannot wake it up from sleep. I need to do hard shutdown.
I used to have other asus zen book in the past few years. I also have exact same problem. It sleep but it is overheating. What I did to fix at that time is to reinstall windows and make sure Intel Management Engine Interface is the same driver as I got from asus website and not allow windows to auto update this driver.
Please help!