Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating issue, after update

Daulat
Rising Star II
Now phone doesn't stay cool for long.
Even small task heat up the phone.
For past 1hr i have been watching a series on mx player and this is the temperature recorded by Armoury crate
UAUD6HG23L9U.jpg
Anyone else facing same issue?
4 REPLIES 4

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
How high is the ambient temperature where you are compared to the reported system temperature? Would also help to know if you were charging the phone at the time.

Daulat
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

How high is the ambient temperature where you are compared to the reported system temperature? Would also help to know if you were charging the phone at the time.

View post
No i wasn't charging my phone.
I'll give you screenshots of some scenario by evening.
Thanks for replying.

Daulat
Rising Star II
Hello @Gustav_ASUS ,
So i tried to recreate the same situation.
1. First i switched off my phone for 10 min to bring it down to room temperature or near to it
2. Room temperature was around 32°c.
3. After 2 hrs of usages i couldn't reach 41°c but was at 39°c
4. Attaching below the screenshot
5. In the testing period i never did anything else. Never received a call or switched to another app.
6. Did same thing, watched a series on Mx player for 2hrs straight, with 50% brightness level.
R92RN8GXZKBC.jpg
FA4VMZBN0GLA.jpg
C5Z3IMA7FOO8.jpg

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@17daulat Thanks for the additional details. Considering the comparatively high ambient temperature at 32°C, the temperature levels you're showing are not too strange. They are also not at a level that's harmful to your device.
If you feel like investigating further, I suggest adding MX Player to Armoury Crate and enable real-time info while watching your series. Take a look at your CPU/GPU levels. Might just be that MX Player is putting your phone under heavy load.