High CPU and disk usage

System: Laptop Windows 10 64bit
Battery or AC: AC
Model: FX 553VD
Frequency of occurrence: Once
Reset OS: Windows 10 64bit
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hi I am using Asus FX 553 VD for more than two years now without any problem whatsoever. Recently I reset my laptop and since then I am seeing that both my disk usage and CPU usage are always near about 100% even when I am running nothing at all. Also the fan runs all the time from startup to shutdown. I have completely disabled all the startup except the windows ones and also checked my device for viruses but no virus is being reported by my antivirus program which I installed after formatting my pc. I have also deactivated superfetch which is Sysmain now and also disabled windows search to no avail. Please someone help me resolve this issue since my pc is running very slow and I can't work without the same.
6 REPLIES 6

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello senguptatishya,
When you reset Windows, did you install new OS? or just reset the factory one?
Please also double check if you have completed all the Windows update and BIOS is up to date
ASUS FX553VD Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS GlobalThank you.

Hi Blake_ASUS
Actually I reset my PC to the factory one. I did all the windows updates available and installed all the latest drivers but still the problem persists. I am still getting long boot time the CPU usage is almost 100% when I startup and spikes to a 100% whenever I try to do any light work. When I try to update BIOS it is downloading a .308 file and I don't know how to run it. Please help...

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello senguptatishya,
Please refer to below FAQ to update your BIOS.
Update BIOS - How to use Winflash to update the BIOS version in Windows system? | Official Support |...Thank you.

Hi Blake_ASUS
I updated my pc with the latest BIOS with no improvement.
PLEASE HELP!!!