This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GHz Wi-fi download speed dropped significantly after flashing build WW_17.1810.2003.145

chrisling
Star I
Hi all,
I have flashed with the latest build WW_17.1810.2003.145 yesterday and found out the terminal download speed using 5GHz WiFi has gone down from 500Mbps to ~100Mbps.
I had my other iPhone 11 Pro as a control test which gives a steady 500Mbps download speed.
This fix was supposed to optimize the WiFi ironically.
Has anyone got similar experience?
Kind regards,
Chris
22 REPLIES 22

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Please let us know which Router you have and make sure you're on the latest router FW

rubennatanael
Star I
Router Tenda AC1200. My other phones running 5Ghz with full speed. Asus ROG laptop running 5Ghz wifi well with max speed. The Asus Rog 2 FW 17.0230.2002.32. its the latest update i can get.

vtrob
Star I
My Asus x00QD is downloading at half the upload speed. Down 25 Mbps. Other devices , Asus laptop and lenovo tablet Samsung note phone download around 100 Mbps
Using Huawei q2 pro router.
On a Huawei H112-372 I have similar issues. Other devices download at about 200 Mbps but phone is only at 70 Mbps
Any chance it doesn't like a particular channel? Should I separate the network into 2.4 and 5 GHz instead of letting the router decide?

dt808
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

Please let us know which Router you have and make sure you're on the latest router FW

View post
i'm on a asus RT-ACRH13 router with latest firmware. my download speeds now are half what they were before the update. i'm not sure if the phone update caused it but its definitely slower now. other devices on the same router and frequency are ok. thanks.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Thanks! I will feedback your routers to our devs when more of you have replied to see if there's any connection.
vtrob

My Asus x00QD is downloading at half the upload speed. Down 25 Mbps. Other devices , Asus laptop and lenovo tablet Samsung note phone download around 100 Mbps

Using Huawei q2 pro router.

On a Huawei H112-372 I have similar issues. Other devices download at about 200 Mbps but phone is only at 70 Mbps

Any chance it doesn't like a particular channel? Should I separate the network into 2.4 and 5 GHz instead of letting the router decide?

View post
I can say that personally, I have only had bad experience with letting the router device if it should be 2.4 or 5ghz because it will almost always pick the one with the strongest signal and not the fastest speed.