This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BATTERY DRAIN SUDDENLY INCREASED BY 2X

Not applicable
I have observed a problem with my rog phone 2 today and i have not made any changes in my mobile but only updated pubg mobile to latest version and charged my phone and played, while playing i norticed heavy battery usagenthan usual. Before it used to take 15%/h while playing pubg which is pretty normal but after the pubg update and applying settings sent by a mod in armory crate my battery percentage drops like super fast. I tried my normal armory settings which is default xmode but it didnt make any difference. Should i be worried and send my phone to service center or should i wait for update so it fix, i will attach a screenshot of my percent drop. Also i use 30 watt charger with my rog so i dont know if my phone is charging as it should be but it raises 4 percent in 4 min, is that normal?
Please let me know if i should send it to service center or is there a fix.
23 REPLIES 23

OPC
Zen Master II
kyleashcraft86

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/79467#Comment_79467

Security and lock screen > fingerprint > unlock device >tap screen to show indicator. All the other options are turned off besides the tap screen to show indicator. Battery life has increased at least 50% after modifying that setting

View post
Now this is a useful tip! I didn't know it existed! Thanks!

gsanchez
Rising Star II
kyleashcraft86

I discovered turning off pick up phone to show indicator in the fingerprint settings REALLY makes a world of difference with my battery life. My fingerprint indicator only pops up when I double tap the screen or press power button. Having the under display fingerprint always popping up when my phone moved was killing my battery.

View post
I had a S10 before Rog Phone 2. This feature also ate my battery like there's no tomorrow. After turned it off my battery life was way better. This was the first thing i disabled in Rog Phone.

namansingh1627
Star III
gsanchez

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/79464#Comment_79464

I had a S10 before Rog Phone 2. This feature also ate my battery like there's no tomorrow. After turned it off my battery life was way better. This was the first thing i disabled in Rog Phone.

View post
@gsanchez @kyleashcraft86 Can you tell me how to do this. I cant find the option to do this.

gsanchez
Rising Star II

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Volodesi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/79278#Comment_79278

I mentioned using two of them. One is a USB-C only, made by SATECHI. I've seen many Android sites use them and recommend them. The other is a Drok(in the picture). They're are very close to each other in terms of results.

I did let the phone charge until it started to trickle charge. I was still below 5000Mah.

I also discovered that using that 5V 2.4A charger in the picture causes the touch screen to glitch out really bad and act like I am moving my finger when it's on the screen. Really odd. Don't see this behavior on my Pixel 2 XL with the same cable/charger.

Also, there is no "local" ASUS Center near me. Closest one is a 13 hour drive away. 😅

View post
You can always call your local ASUS support and use mail service. I'm not saying that they will accept this as a warranty case. They have no idea how you have charged your device since you bought it and an external USB Meter won't show you the whole truth into the actual size of the battery. But start with contacting them and check if they can have a look at it.