Climes02
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:5Z
Firmware Version: wifi 2.0.0.1829
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: when connecting to wifi
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): wifi
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When phone connects to wifi (wifi is turned on or reconnects in range) it stops receiving calls and texts, all other functions like internet seem to work fine, it requires a restart to fix.
9 REPLIES 9

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi adityapruthi2001

Thank you for the quick response. I hope everything is safe and sound there. Could calling and texting work in "Safe Mode"?

# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/

Also, please try to reset Network: Setting>System>Reset options>Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

If the problem remain, please provide following question below:

1. Could you tell us the name of the two carriers you've tried that have this problem?

2. Do you mean this happens to both receiving & making calls/ sending texts?

3. Does this appear when you connect to different WiFis?

How many SIM cards have you inserted?

4. What's your preferred network settings? (2G/3G or 2G/3G/4G)

5. Does this happen to the preloaded calling app or third party apps?

6. Does this appear when you call different people?

7. Could you show us a short video of the problem?

View post
No, same applies in safe mode too, no app is tinkering with the settings or the reception of the phone.
1) Airtel,Jio
2)Not with sending texts but yes for calls it happens.
3)Yes and no too, even when I am on my home wifi this happens. And when i use other wifi i get the same response. Also more than wifi, mobile data makes the problem. Whenever I toggle airplane mode off and on the problem goes. Well currently I have 1 Sim inserted in my device. (tried with other sims too exactly same happening and tried same sim other devices too(samsung galaxy note 9)working flawlessly no delay in calls whatsoever in it. )
4) My preferred network config is 2G/3G/4G
5) Both.I have tried Google dialer too. Happens there too. This is not a hardware/software type of issue that gets affected with the type of dialer or the settings. It is more of a network reception oriented issue If you know what I'm trying to explain.
6)No matter whom I'll call. Happens 8/10 times.
7)Sorry,in a concern to reply you much quickly to get the response it was difficult for me to record the video. Will surely post one in quick near future.
Also, I would like to add that this happens anywhere and anytime. There is no specific time/scenerio/app that causes this.
Too frustrating,
I hope We all will get a positive response from this side as we have done all major troubleshooting.
Regards
Peace

vkk178
Rising Star I
Has your phone got a secret VO-WIFI update ? 😋

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
vkk178

Has your phone got a secret VO-WIFI update ? 😋

View post
Hahah..... No budyy

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi adityapruthi2001,
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. I will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated. Kindly help me for the video recording so that we could better assist you.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi adityapruthi2001
Please check your inbox for the private message I've sent you. Thank you.