This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 2 not receiving fota PLEASE HELP

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
Even after I manually downgraded to android 9 nothing popped up when I did update check. I have the ww_phone software running on my 12/512GB "republic of gamers" elite edition rog 2. I'm also aware that updates are released in waves but even 1 month after the latest update is released I still receive NOTHING ota. Is there anything I can do to remedy this problem myself?
18 REPLIES 18

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
If you manually downgraded, that makes sense because all FOTA updates will be for Android 10. If you'd like to get back on the regular upgrade train again, when you reinstall Android 10 the update system should re-add your IMEI to the roster automatically.
If you do have issues, I believe Anders can manually add you back into the system.

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I

LP_ASUS

If you manually downgraded, that makes sense because all FOTA updates will be for Android 10. If you'd like to get back on the regular upgrade train again, when you reinstall Android 10 the update system should re-add your IMEI to the roster automatically.

If you do have issues, I believe Anders can manually add you back into the system.

View post
Wouldn't I have gotten notifications for a new ota update while I was on 9? Since it Wasn't the latest update? Even before I downgraded I was stuck on WW-17.0210.2001.60. Kept checking since I knew WW-17.0230.2002.32 had been released on April 17th. Finally grew impatient and manually updated to WW-17.0230.2002.32. I downgraded to android 9 a few days later and then back to the latest Android 10. I bought my rog 2 used off swappa on April 29th and it came with WW-17.0210.2001.60 when I received it. It says "republic of gamers" on the back and came with the box and all of the paperwork. Everything matches up. So I know I didn't get a converted "tencent games" rog 2

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
The last update for Android 9 was 1610.64, released on Dec. 19th.
If your intention is to stay on Android 9, you will not receive updates.
When you manually downgrade, you pull your device off the automatic FOTA list.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
After re-reading, it looks like you are on 2002.32. Check for the next update to see if your device picks it up since you are back on Android 10. If not, we can ping Anders and he should be able to add your device to the FOTA list.