This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX310U doesn't see HDD: BIOS problem?

maurizio_vacca
Star II
A friend of mine brought me his laptop.
The model is Zenbook UX310U (it is what I read on the label) with i5-7200U, Geforce 940MX, 8Gb RAM, SSD.
The laptop can no longer start the OS.
In fact, at power on, the notebook enters directly into the BIOS where no HDD is recognized (all SATA ports are empty).
However, if I boot a Linux distro from USB, it starts and can read the hard disk on which Windows is installed (so the SSD seems not "broken").
Seems like I have to reset the BIOS, but I don't know how to do it.
I don't even know how to update the actual BIOS (currently in version 311).
I can't find the exact model name: is it UX310UA and UX310UQ?
Also when I enter the BIOS, the EZ Flash Utility 3 option is disabled.
Can anyone help me?
6 REPLIES 6

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello maurizio,
May you provide pictures of your BIOS now?
BIOS should be showing your complete model name as well.
If not, pleas kindly provide SN.
Thank you.

maurizio_vacca
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hello maurizio,

May you provide pictures of your BIOS now?

BIOS should be showing your complete model name as well.

If not, pleas kindly provide SN.

Thank you.

View post
I can not read in BIOS the exact model because, as I wrote in my first post, the EZ Flash Utility 3 option is disabled.
The SN is: H4N0CV05K07115C
Many voices in the BIOS are disabled and I don't know how to reset the BIOS.
After other tests I discovered that the internal disk was damaged: I tried to launch the installation of Windows from a USB stick, the SSD drive was recognized, but it gave an error because it signaled a failure on the disk.
I then purchased a new SSD but a "normal" 2.5 SATA disk that I installed in the pertinent computer bay.
Unfortunately the new disk is not detected and I can not set anyhing in any way because, as already written, everything seems disabled.
What could be the problem? Can I reset the BIOS somehow?

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
maurizio.vacca

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/78284#Comment_78284

I can not read in BIOS the exact model because, as I wrote in my first post, the EZ Flash Utility 3 option is disabled.

After other tests I discovered that the internal disk was damaged: I tried to launch the installation of Windows from a USB stick, the SSD drive was recognized, but it gave an error because it signaled a failure on the disk.

I then purchased a new SSD but a "normal" 2.5 SATA disk that I installed in the pertinent computer bay.

Unfortunately the new disk is not detected and I can not set anyhing in any way because, as already written, everything seems disabled.

View post
Will you take video on mobile phone. Upload to YouTube and share the link.
How you did all steps.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
maurizio.vacca

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/78284#Comment_78284

View post
I have the same configurations but different model. Intel i5 7200u nvdia 940mx 2gb gddr5