Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

nigel_marsh
Star I
I'm having the identical problem with a bunch of 5 new P5440FA laptops.
Grey lines flickering across the webcam video image in Teams and Zoom and in the Camera app itself.
The disturbance seems to be mostly linked to use of the mouse during the session, both through the trackpad or an external mouse.
Updating the BIOS from the .303 version that came with the laptops to the latest .308 version makes no difference.
There is no disturbance if AC power is unplugged.

itsmealexaz
Star I
I have a Zenbook Pro Duo as others on this thread, and have the same issue. Grey lines and Green flashes when on Zoom, Google Meet or other video calls, only when the A/C is plugged in. I understand that all of us could unplug during those calls but the battery isn't really the best on this thing as it is.
Are we any closer to a solution for any of these Zenbooks?

Galen
Star I
I have a very similar issue. Working on battery resolves. Flashed the BIOS, updated all drivers.
There are flashing gray and green lines through the camera image. On battery it looks fine. I don't have an image takeover blinking like ricardobrandaop, it's just green and gray lines.
Infuriating, as I need a webcam for daily standups and whiteboarding, especially during the pandemic.
Zenbook UX391f

Mauri
Star I
Hello @Blake
I have the same issue with my Asus Zenbook Pro Duo (UX581G).
Weird though, is that my webcam was working perfectly until a couple of days and yesterday, out of nowhere, it has started to blink.
Can you or anyone at ASUS provide any explanation for that?
Thank you

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Thank you all for your feedback.
We are fully aware of this issue and are working on the solution.
We are planning to build new BIOS for it.
We would like to fix it for good, but so far we can see that there is no massive collective issue on certain products or parts.
Please kindly provide SN in the PM I send you.
All of your reviews are reported.
Thank you again.