This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot record my game play video more than 3.8 gb it says your file limit has been reached.

Anand_Urke
Star I
H1P5I5Z2SLRS.jpg
7KKVAXHWB7W9.jpg
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus rog phone 2
Firmware Version: latest one
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): screen recording limit
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Everytime I am recording a gameplay videos it stops at 3.8 gb stating that file limit reached were in have enough space to record more... It's happening all the side .. cannot record my gameplay video's for YouTube
6 REPLIES 6

TesseractSpace
Star III
It's a limitation of Android. The libraries that handle mp4 recording limit file size to approximately 4gb. Looks like it may finally be lifted in Android 11.

Anand_Urke
Star I
This is of not helpful... My games which I record on my Mobile.. are more than 4 gb ... What can be solution to this... Even after having so much space in my device..

TesseractSpace
Star III
Sadly other than making multiple recordings, there really is no solution. I know some phones just automatically start new recordings at the 4gb mark but the problem is in Android.

CyberPunk2302
Rising Star II
This is a limitation from Android OS on 9 and also on version 10. Google has confirmed that Android 11 will have the limitation removed. Unfortunately version 11 won't be available for Rog Phone 1 and 2. You can change the quality of the video to record for more time.