This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BATTERY DRAIN SUDDENLY INCREASED BY 2X

Not applicable
I have observed a problem with my rog phone 2 today and i have not made any changes in my mobile but only updated pubg mobile to latest version and charged my phone and played, while playing i norticed heavy battery usagenthan usual. Before it used to take 15%/h while playing pubg which is pretty normal but after the pubg update and applying settings sent by a mod in armory crate my battery percentage drops like super fast. I tried my normal armory settings which is default xmode but it didnt make any difference. Should i be worried and send my phone to service center or should i wait for update so it fix, i will attach a screenshot of my percent drop. Also i use 30 watt charger with my rog so i dont know if my phone is charging as it should be but it raises 4 percent in 4 min, is that normal?
Please let me know if i should send it to service center or is there a fix.
23 REPLIES 23

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Shivam Dahiya

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/78483#Comment_78483

V9VJV904EN57.jpg

I've been not using my battery for 3 hours straight and it falls to 97 percnt . You can see 96 as 1 percnt got down while writing this post , I'm using 60 hz pannel and phone was kept aside with airplane mode on , no wifi nothing . I just want to confirm that weather my batter is in good condition or not . Kindly reply , as I wrote thi before as well but I could not find my post idk why . Thankyou, waiting for an apt reply.

View post
The battery indicator on your screen isn't the actual 100%, ASUS put a buffer to prevent you from overcharging which just means you can be looking at your phone and it says 100% and it is actually not.
How did I know this ? I normally charge my phone to a 100% following the indicator and I will turn off the charger once it hits 100
But I accidentally overcharge my device by 1 hr and 15 mins because I was busy and it the indicator stayed at 100% for a very long time...on the rest of the days where I follow my daily charging routine...and it drops from 100 to 99% quickly because it is not actually fully charged.

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
jetjosh92

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/78487#Comment_78487

The battery indicator on your screen isn't the actual 100%, ASUS put a buffer to prevent you from overcharging which just means you can be looking at your phone and it says 100% and it is actually not.

How did I know this ? I normally charge my phone to a 100% following the indicator and I will turn off the charger once it hits 100

But I accidentally overcharge my device by 1 hr and 15 mins because I was busy and it the indicator stayed at 100% for a very long time...on the rest of the days where I follow my daily charging routine...and it drops from 100 to 99% quickly because it is not actually fully charged.

View post
I completely agree with you brother , but I always charge my phone for 10 mins extra even after its 100 percnt . Also I dnt always charge it to 100 between 20 to 90 , thankyou.

Not applicable
jetjosh92

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/78487#Comment_78487

View post
Mate you cannot overcharge a smartphone. The battery has wears as you charge it but you cannot overcharge a smartphone because as soon as it hits 100% your battery stops charging and the power is used to power the smartphone. Please stop spreading rumors that asus does wrong battery calibration due to overcharge. Battery calibration can be wrong sometimes and there are apps that can fix it or you can just discharge your phone fully until it shuts off to calibrate the battery. Also wears happens when the phone is charging and no wears happens after the smartphone hits 100%. Wears means damage to battery. Charging to 80% causes approx 0.3 or 0.5 wears and 100% causes 0.8 so if this happens then the observable difference even if you always charge your battery to 100% will be in an year or two. Please stop spreading false info and false rumors.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It's true that the phones battery isn't fully charged once it reaches 100% even if the led says it's fully charged. It will continue charging for a little while. @Volodesi I don't recognize your USB meter and don't know how accurate it is but if it is accurate, then you may contact your local asus support. They can evaluate if your battery has degraded more than expected.

Volodesi
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

It's true that the phones battery isn't fully charged once it reaches 100% even if the led says it's fully charged. It will continue charging for a little while. @Volodesi I don't recognize your USB meter and don't know how accurate it is but if it is accurate, then you may contact your local asus support. They can evaluate if your battery has degraded more than expected.

View post
I mentioned using two of them. One is a USB-C only, made by SATECHI. I've seen many Android sites use them and recommend them. The other is a Drok(in the picture). They're are very close to each other in terms of results.

I did let the phone charge until it started to trickle charge. I was still below 5000Mah.

I also discovered that using that 5V 2.4A charger in the picture causes the touch screen to glitch out really bad and act like I am moving my finger when it's on the screen. Really odd. Don't see this behavior on my Pixel 2 XL with the same cable/charger.

Also, there is no "local" ASUS Center near me. Closest one is a 13 hour drive away. 😅