Did you mean: 

Bug in home screen layout

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Zenfone5
Firmware Version:WW_16.0615.2004.126
Rooted or not:NO
Frequency of Occurrence:Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
With the latest update to the Zenfone5 there is a bug where there is a big gap between the last row of apps and the real end of the display. This gap is occupied by the navigation bar if you choose that style of navigation but if you use the gesture mode there is a lot of empty space. This space was not presente before the last update because the app moved down a little in order to occupy the space.

See attached screenshoot for further information.
O8KPZ5JWF8Z6.jpg
RPLBU7A5RI4Q.jpg
QUI4LPSD15VV.jpg

UPDATE:
Now the space there is no longer empty but the widgets are on top of the icon in the top of the screen (battery, WiFi,ECC)

GWZVX1UF7R9I.jpg

UPDATE2:
If I restart the phone the empty space reappears under the icons.
6 REPLIES 6

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi manuele.picchi,
Is your display size "default" and navigation bar type "Navigation gesture"?
Does it still appear when you change the display size or navigation bar type?
Thank you🙂

Yes, I use default and navigation gestures.

If I change the display size the problem with the widgets going over the top icon appears:

•Small display size:
0ES8SAT2KA1F.jpg

•Big Display Size:
6DJJC316RM97.jpg

•Then if I go back to normal display size the widgets are fine but the big empty space appears under the last row of apps.
C6NIC4B13OE3.jpg

If I try to change navigation type, the widgets are in the right place and the empty space is occupied by the navigation bar (There is still a bag between the apps and the navigation bar, especially noticeable in the "single button" type, but I don't know if it is intentional because I never used it before and could not compare the difference.
• "3Button navigation bar"
L8SJTNSEJATL.jpg

•"1 Button navigation bar"
VELEQRORUWK5.jpg

•Gestures
IHTMVNWVMK1P.jpg

jamtat
Star I

Model Name:Zenfone5 X00QD
Firmware Version:WW_16.0615.2004.126-0
Rooted or not:NO
Frequency of Occurrence:Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
I have the same or a similar problem following the latest update. Immediatelyafter the update, the widgets overlapped the notch and the notification bar.
EOSCIFSULBYS.jpg
But after changing the navigation bar settings to 'display navigation bar' and then back to 'gesture' mode, the display changed and now the widgets don't overlap at the top but there's a big gap at the bottom of the screen.
V6FA13R08HH4.jpg
Changing the navigation bar settings now doesn't change the position of the screen. The gap is still at the bottom and the widgets don't overlap at the top.
Thanks for any help anyone can give to correct this (admittedly minor issue).

jamtat
Star I
In fact, I just tried changing the display size to small and then big and back to default (previously it's always been 'default'), plus also cycled through all the navigation bar settings, and now the widgets overlap the notch and there's no gap at the bottom 🤣 Fun!