Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Max pro M1
Phone up to date
I am also facing the same problem in the build version of .063. Battery drain issue it at extreme. Idle battery drain is almost upto 12% in an hour. Screen on time is also reduced upto 2.5 hours only. Phone is also heating a lot. I uninstalled all the unnecessary apps. But nothing worked. I just hope that android 10 update will solve these issues.
What is the temperature of your phones?? Don't blindly say over heating. As the device has metal back, you'll feel 2-3 degrees higher than original one.
I have been using the phone since last 2 years and I never felt the phone heating this much. Even I use the phone in battery saver mode all the time and I don't play any game too. I also use Greenify app that automatically kills any background apps. Inspite of doing all this, my phone is heating a lot and battery backup is all time low now after this last update.. Asus has ruined the experience. I need to charge my phone 3 times a day during this lock down period.
Please follow below steps may improve battery backup:
1. Enable “Power saver” (Settings > Power management)
2. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)
3. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)
4. Boost memory when you see memory consumes is high with no app running,
5. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager.