This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native Video Call Support (Found a Guide, requires root)

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus_X00TD (Max Pro M1)
Firmware Version: 424
Rooted or not: Rooted

The Title is pretty self explanatory, This method requires Rooted device (Should Work with Max Pro M2 as well)
I'm hereby posting the guide (Basically Build Prop Edit):
9TNCJRKCV1J8.png

I have tested this with latest Android 10 424 firmware and it seemed to work well.
No harm in giving this a try!
6 REPLIES 6

vckanandvpp
Rising Star II
siddhantapaul80

1. Model Name: Asus_X00TD (Max Pro M1)
  2. Firmware Version: 424
  3. Rooted or not: Rooted

The Title is pretty self explanatory, This method requires Rooted device (Should Work with Max Pro M2 as well)

9TNCJRKCV1J8.png

I have tested this with latest Android 10 424 firmware and it seemed to work well.

But with rooting , its very risky to use Banking applications . That's why I didn't prefer this method. I read about this a year back in some other thread in XDA Developer site.

1234prabhat
Star III
siddhantapaul80

1. Model Name: Asus_X00TD (Max Pro M1)
  2. Firmware Version: 424
  3. Rooted or not: Rooted

9TNCJRKCV1J8.png

If you root your device then why not trying custom rom dude😪

vckanandvpp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/27856/native-video-call-support-found-a-guide-requires-root

But with rooting , its very risky to use Banking applications . That's why I didn't prefer this method. I read about this a year back in some other thread in XDA Developer site.

View post
I understand bro, rooting is viewed as an insecure method. However Asus left no choice, I had to take the risk for basic features. Most had to do that 😞

1234prabhat

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/27856/native-video-call-support-found-a-guide-requires-root

If you root your device then why not trying custom rom dude😪

View post
I felt that from various analysis that stock rom has better potential for battery and ram management. Which is why, I didn't switch to that. I will surely give that a try later on bro after Asus Stops providing updates.