cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook UX camera stop working

Ioana
Star I
Hi,
I have a Laptop ASUS ZenBook 15 UX534FTC-A8263R bought this month, with Win10 Pro. Camera worked fine for several days, but today it is not working in Skype, Zoom, Camera apps - but works ok on facial recognition login!
In device manager, I see 2 cameras, with the same name (!), but one with manufacturer Microsoft, and the other Realteck. I tried disabling them, new drivers, restart, etc - no success.
Please advice.
Thanks,
Ioana
PS: also, google shows that there were previous questions on the same topic, but which were deleted. Please leave the questions, it saves time.
39 REPLIES 39

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @antoine178 ,
May you provide a screenshot?
And if you open built-in Camera App from Start menu, does it have the same issue?
If it is still within replaceable period, please contact the shop or seller as soon as possible.
Thank you.

antoine178
Star II
First picture is from the built in camera app, and second picture is when i try to setup windows hello, both are taken with the same lightning (good lightning)
AJK7PVIKHS5U.png
MO0XHDEIMPRK.png
EDIT: i managed to repair it, the built in camera app is messing everything with the webcam, if you download the full windows version of skype, you can change the exposure of your webcam and set it back to default. If you use again the built in camera app it will mess up the webcam again and you have to do the skype thing again.
I hope there will be a fix soon for this issue.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @antoine178 ,
The camera is like this since the very beginning?
Have you done any reinstall OS?
Please kindly send your device to service center for a hardware check.
Thank you very much.

antoine178
Star II
Hey @Blake_ASUS
when i opened the computer for the first time, the camera worked and i set up windows hello without issues but when i opened the built in camera app, it started showing all dark making windows hello unsuable.
I tried restore windows, from windows settings, it didn t worked, then did a clean windows reinstall with bootable usb, which didn t worked aswell.
I finally found a way to make the camera work again by downloading the full windows version of skype and changing the settings for the webcam by changing the exposure to default (weird fix but it works). It resolved the issue for windows hello and my camera is back to normal.
If i open again the built in camera app, the webcam will go back to all dark and windows hello will be unusable (i made multiple try) and i have to do the skype operation again to put it back to normal so i can reuse windows hello.
It s a software issue so i hope a fix will come soon.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @antoine178 ,
I also tried on several devices. I was not able to duplicate this issue.
And I can not find similar feedback like your case as well.
May you provide your Windows version and your built in camera app version?
Thank you.