cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Hacked

woA
Star II
Hi Everyone!

Yesterday, my phone was just charging while idling, locked, and screen turned off. Suddenly, my camera turned on - I knew it turned on because it suddenly flipped and faced the front for a second, and then turned off, and flipped backwards into the default position again. I was stunned because it never happened with the locked idling phone before, and I knew something's wrong.
I am writing you to ask you, if there is a log, or any way to find out which processes have access the camera in the last hours.
I don't have any custom apps, only standard stuff from PlayStore. I didn't install anything new for the last few weeks, or a month, except Twitter. I installed Twitter that day earlier, and that was the only new app I had since forever.

Please help me out!

Thank you!
13 REPLIES 13

_jis_
Zen Master III
@woA
I am writing you to ask you, if there is a log, or any way to find out which processes have access the camera in the last hours.
Check Usage statistics:
Dial *#*#INFO#*#*
Select Usage statistics
Sort by Last time used
Or open My apps shortcut from Play Store, select Installed, sort by Last Used.

woA
Star II
It shown me that the camera was used 37 minutes ago. That's all...

_jis_
Zen Master III
woA

It shown me that the camera was used 37 minutes ago. That's all...

View post
If you checked Usage statistics then you should say that the Camera application was used 37 minutes ago ...
I've never seen this behaviour on my phone.
I've checked your screenshots and I don't have installed Messenger, Twitch and WhatsApp. So if I were you, I would limit my search for culprit to these three applications.

woA
Star II
I bet it's the facebook corp, man...