This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front camera portrait issue

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Am I the only one having this issue that if I click a photo from the front camera on portrait mode on the Zenfone 6, I just cannot edit it (Change focus, Blur intensity). All I see is a green screen. The portrait mode was working very fine. I manually downloaded the the latest FOTA update (The one with 8x digital zoom) and this issue popped up. The back camera portrait is fine, only the front camera is messed up. 
So am I the only one having this problem?
7 REPLIES 7

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
Subsequent firmware updates will fix this issue.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Am I the only one having this issue that if I click a photo from the front camera on portrait mode on the Zenfone 6, I just cannot edit it (Change focus, Blur intensity). All I see is a green screen. The portrait mode was working very fine. I manually downloaded the the latest FOTA update (The one with 8x digital zoom) and this issue popped up. The back camera portrait is fine, only the front camera is messed up. 
Sounds like a bug, caused by something in which was previously installed on your phone. If one more person report this issue, then we will look into it. You issue will hopefully get fixed with the next update but you could also factory reset your phone if you can't wait. Make a backup first. It will save you a lot of time.

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
Sounds like a bug, caused by something in which was previously installed on your phone. If one more person report this issue, then we will look into it. You issue will hopefully get fixed with the next update but you could also factory reset your phone if you can't wait. Make a backup first. It will save you a lot of time.
Taiwan's admin Titan_ASUS indicates that the next version of the firmware will fix the front camera portrait mode and adjust the depth of field to take a green photo.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Ok, thanks! Unfortunately I don't speak Chinese so I couldn't find that this was already a know issue with a fix on the way. I managed to duplicate it and remove it again by reverting back to default camera settings.