This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

gquiroga08
Star I
@LP_ASUS I have an RoG Phone 2 and am experiencing the issues described above (missed calls/delayed texts). If you're still needing people for testing, I'd like to help.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
gquiroga08

@LP_ASUS I have an RoG Phone 2 and am experiencing the issues described above (missed calls/delayed texts). If you're still needing people for testing, I'd like to help.

View post
I'll send you a PM.

ddelaneyart
Star I
@LP_ASUS Same problem. Calls go to voicemail, no notification. Not always but often. I have Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO).

AlDollaz
Star III
On T-Mobile and having the same issues (see my post in main ZF6 forum). VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling would help.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
ddelaneyart

@LP_ASUS Same problem. Calls go to voicemail, no notification. Not always but often. I have Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO).

View post
Have you checked your wifi calling settings in the "secret" settings? I haven't had any missed calls or texts in the past weeks since I made sure that was turned off. It may be unrelated but worth a try if you haven't. It doesn't fix the lack of volte and the sometimes poor coverage that sometimes leads to, though.