Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

@Blake_ASUS I've posted the video you asked 5 days ago. Any News for me? Its a BRAND NEW Laptop !!!

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @ricardobrandaop ,
This issue has been reported and now under investigation.
Thank you.

Hello I have a Zenbook Pro Duo as well. I have been experiencing green flashes and lines on my webcam and my screen has been flickering.
Does anyone know any solutions to these issues?

I just bought the computer last week (Beginning of May 2020). Very sad that this beautiful machine has issues.

Jayson

Steve_Sykes
Star I
Hi I don't know if this helps. I have the Zenbook Pro Duo UX581GV and bought it for the purpose of video editing and livestreaming. The flicker issue is even more prominent and noticeable when I have been using an external video camera source using an HDMI to USB 3 adapter. The picture is fine at first but after 15 minutes or so it will start to break up and flicker badly. My internal webcam will also do the same but not quite as badly. Again, as the others have said, this does not happen when the AC power supply is removed. I hope there is a software update or BIOS update that will fix this otherwise it is not fit for the purpose I need it for.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @purefiction916 & @Steve Sykes,
I have send PM to you.
Please kindly provide your SN.
Thank you very much.