This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Draining so fast

ishaan_gupta10
Star III
After the android 10 update the battery is draining so fast. I turn off locations,background apps,backlight still it barely stays alive a day.
I charged my device to 98% and played pubg for like 54 mins. now my battery is at 56% . Isnt this wierd for a 6000mah gaming phone?? Please help
15 REPLIES 15

Sourabh
Rising Star I
Yes... battery is draining... 😞 Thought the new update of around 185 mb will change it but nooooooo....

ImShrey
Rising Star II
@Sourabh @Akash Gupta @ishaan.gupta10 @sathish05durai,
Guy I had exactly same issue till tomorrow. Device usually heat more than it should, even in apps like web browsers, social media apps etc. And i wast only getting SoT of 6:30-7:30hrs, which considering my usage is 1:30-2hr less. (Previously i was getting 8:30-9:30 easily).

So here is possible SOLUTION:
Today morning, i let my phone die completely to 0%, and allowed it to auto shut down, then I put charger back on, and started device @4-5% charge, kept it on charge till 100%.
(ps: i noticed that during discharging phone stayed @1% for freaking 15mins, i had to activate NFC LOCATION XMODE FLASH LIGHT, to kill it to 0%, so that makes sense that definately something was wrong with % calibration)
This of course you may already know as BATTERY CALIBRATION, and it worked. Not I'm sitting at 4:30+ hr SoT @60% charge also Device no longer heats that much. (With 120FPS, bluetooth on all the time and on Wifi, brightness at 75%+)

I know its weird, battery calibration should fix BB but how come it reduced heating, I don't know. And THATS WHY I'M REQUESTING YOU ALL TO TRY DOING THE SAME AND PING HERE IF IT WORKED FOR YOU!

QA0YA2SXJAVQ.jpg

OPC
Zen Master II
shreyashshah16

@Sourabh @Akash Gupta @ishaan.gupta10 @sathish05durai,

Guy I had exactly same issue till tomorrow. Device usually heat more than it should, even in apps like web browsers, social media apps etc. And i wast only getting SoT of 6:30-7:30hrs, which considering my usage is 1:30-2hr less. (Previously i was getting 8:30-9:30 easily).

So here is possible SOLUTION:

Today morning, i let my phone die completely to 0%, and allowed it to auto shut down, then I put charger back on, and started device @4-5% charge, kept it on charge till 100%.

(ps: i noticed that during discharging phone stayed @1% for freaking 15mins, i had to activate NFC LOCATION XMODE FLASH LIGHT, to kill it to 0%, so that makes sense that definately something was wrong with % calibration)

This of course you may already know as BATTERY CALIBRATION, and it worked. Not I'm sitting at 4:30+ hr SoT @60% charge also Device no longer heats that much. (With 120FPS, bluetooth on all the time and on Wifi, brightness at 75%+)

I know its weird, battery calibration should fix BB but how come it reduced heating, I don't know. And THATS WHY I'M REQUESTING YOU ALL TO TRY DOING THE SAME AND PING HERE IF IT WORKED FOR YOU!

QA0YA2SXJAVQ.jpg

View post
Basically PCMark battery test makes the same calibration. I was running that test 4 times (overnight) since A10 update and every time battery life has been improved. I did it in first place because after A10 update battery life got shorter comparing to A9 so I wanted to check.

Anilkumar
Rising Star II
FKVT5ROSGDL5.jpg
I am A9 user I am getting this battery backup.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi @ishaan.gupta10,
when you say that your SOT(Screen on Time) has gone down, can you share the SOT after trying the below:
1. Charge the battery to 100% & use as per your normal usage pattern
2. When the battery strength reaches 10%, go to settings = Battery => Tap on the battery icon & share the graph
3. settings => Battery => Check the screen & share the same