cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Hacked

woA
Star II
Hi Everyone!

Yesterday, my phone was just charging while idling, locked, and screen turned off. Suddenly, my camera turned on - I knew it turned on because it suddenly flipped and faced the front for a second, and then turned off, and flipped backwards into the default position again. I was stunned because it never happened with the locked idling phone before, and I knew something's wrong.
I am writing you to ask you, if there is a log, or any way to find out which processes have access the camera in the last hours.
I don't have any custom apps, only standard stuff from PlayStore. I didn't install anything new for the last few weeks, or a month, except Twitter. I installed Twitter that day earlier, and that was the only new app I had since forever.

Please help me out!

Thank you!
13 REPLIES 13

woA
Star II
6WDFO8NLHING.jpg
8T3Q9AZFGW6B.jpg
Here is the screen. It's there any way to see the camera Access log somewhere? What do you think? See anything unusual?

woA
Star II
I realized about the long screenshot a minute after posting, and then I tried editing, and inserting a new long screenshot instead, but I literally cannot remove pictures while editing here, no matter how I try, so there's that.
I checked my call logs and I didn't have any calls. Also, apps don't enable camera automatically upon incoming ring stage.
That's a very interesting advice. Thank you.
Does anyone know where I can find the camera access logs in the system? Thank you!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Google Duo will trigger the selfie camera from starting upon incoming video call.
Even if you didnt accept the call.

This is the native Google Duo app-behavior. It is calling for the selfie camera before call-acceptance.
Now I do not know if it was Duo doing this, but maybe it can help you narrow down.

woA
Star II
I don't ever use google duo, and I don't have any contacts in there, and I never even opened that app, and don't know anyone who ever used it.

Does anyone know where I can find the camera access logs in the system? Thank you!