cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid Cleaning

Baz
Star I
Hello Guys,
I am new in the community as I recently received my new Zenbook Duo.
However given the current situation in my country, I was wondering if it would be wise to clean the laptop with methylated spirit. I have the Zenbook Duo Core i5 version, the second screen is touch and not the main one.
I don't have isopropyl alcohol to clean or chlorox wipes.
Please let me know as I need to start using the laptop as quickly as possible. Since Saturday 4p.m I did not touch and let it in quarantine and it is now Monday 6p.m.
Please let me have your views
4 REPLIES 4

Baz
Star I
@Blake_ASUS @ServiceH_ASUS @Y_ASUS

Can you please help me?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Baz,
I would say it is up to you.
Be careful with the keyboard.
That's all.
Thank you.

rooster
Star I
there are alcohol wipes for computer screens that you could use if you are worried. UV light kills the virus as well.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Baz

Hello Guys,

I am new in the community as I recently received my new Zenbook Duo.

However given the current situation in my country, I was wondering if it would be wise to clean the laptop with methylated spirit. I have the Zenbook Duo Core i5 version, the second screen is touch and not the main one.

I don't have isopropyl alcohol to clean or chlorox wipes.

Please let me know as I need to start using the laptop as quickly as possible. Since Saturday 4p.m I did not touch and let it in quarantine and it is now Monday 6p.m.

Please let me have your views

Covid Cleaning
First thing what I did means, after buying the laptop, I applied screen gaurd for display screen. So its already protected by damaging by sharp needles.
Secondly I bought Iso propyl alcohol for cleaning display and the keyboard.
I trust IPA. I never used other cleaners.
But recently I wiped keyboard button with sanitizer with soft cloth.