Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect a second screen using USB-c

Frankvt
Star I
System: Windows 10
Model: S512FL-BQ563T
I would like to use a docking station on my S512FL-BQ563T, which would connect two USB 2.0 devices, a second screen (monitor) via HDMI and preferably a network cable for wired internet. The docking station could connect to the USB-C port.
I already had a similar dock I used for my Macbook (without network). However, that one does not seem to work on the Vivobook. Is a second screen even supported through USB-C? If so, do you have advice which dock to buy?
4 REPLIES 4

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Frankvt
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Model: S512FL-BQ563T

I would like to use a docking station on my S512FL-BQ563T, which would connect two USB 2.0 devices, a second screen (monitor) via HDMI and preferably a network cable for wired internet. The docking station could connect to the USB-C port.

I already had a similar dock I used for my Macbook (without network). However, that one does not seem to work on the Vivobook. Is a second screen even supported through USB-C? If so, do you have advice which dock to buy?

Connect a second screen using USB-c
Check the technical specifications of your model.
Whether the usb-c is capable of dispplay connecting display

Frankvt
Star I
I cannot find that information. It only says USB-C 3.1. No idea if that would be good enough for an external display and possibly network cable.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Frankvt

I cannot find that information. It only says USB-C 3.1. No idea if that would be good enough for an external display and possibly network cable.

View post
Some usb C 3.1 port are charging purposely. .some usb C3.1 Port are capable of connecting display. some model laptops are supported.
We can't found out just by see usb c 3.1 port.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Frankvt,
The USB C port on this model does not support display export.

Another tip for you, if there is additional function for the port, we would specify it on the website.
If not, the port only support data transfer.
Thank you.