Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

@Blake_ASUS Same problem here. Even posted it in Ifixit forum with the subject below.
IT Also happens only when I have the AC power connected. Functions perfectly on Battery only.
Would you PM me also? Thanks.
----------------------------
Asus Zenbook UX431FN - Blinking Display Screen while using WEBCAM
Before we start:
1) My questions and specs are at the end
2) My video and webcam drivers are updated
- Nvidia video card - - INTEL video card - - Webcam - 
==================
I have been using webcam a LOT in this quarantine for video calls. I use two types of webcams:
1) Laptop built-in camera ( Hardware ID  ) OR
2) My brand new external Logitech BRIO webcam
ISSUE:
Whenever I use either of the two webcams, the issue is the same - my screen keeps blinking immediately after starting the video call and after about 30 to 40 minutes into the videocall, it freezes my screen. The moment I pause the video OR disconnect the external webcam, the computer is back to normal.
What is odd is that other than using webcam, computer runs really fast, even on hard tasks like editing video on camtasia, for example. (See Specs below).
IMPORTANT to say that the issue happens either if i’m using the laptop screen directly OR if I’m using external monitors connected via HDMI (Tried 2 monitors. They work fine).
## QUESTIONS:
1) Is it my machine or have you guys had this problem also with the same model or similar models?
2) Could it be the video board?
# LAPTOP SPECS #
VIDEO - NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150 2GB GDDR5 VRAM
PROCESSOR - Intel® Core™ i7-8565U
1.8GHz quad-core with Turbo Boost (up to 4.0GHz) and 8MB cache
RAM - 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard
HD - 512 GB M.2 PCIe Gen3x2 NVMe SSD

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @ricardobrandaop,
May you record a video or screenshot of the issue,
and specify which camera is it, and which app are you using ?
Thank you so much!

I've attached a test - Video recorded using Logitech BRIO external webcam.
_ AC Power Connected - Blinking
_ Battery Only - Not Blinking.
The same happens when using bult-in Webcam. And It doesnt matter if I'm on Zoom, Go ogle Meet, Skype, or only recording my screen as I did in this video.

Hi, I have the very same problem of all the others. I have a brand new UX581GV Zenbook Pro Duo and today I realized that the webcam flickers (both in Camera app and in Skype calls) with grey lines and green flashes (only when AC power plugged in). I checked the drivers of almost everything and the BIOS and it is all up to date. What should I do?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
@matteogarbarino
I have send PM to you.
Please kindly check it!
Thank you.